The Complete GEN 2 Raptor Information Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Expletive

Reaction score
Not buying the 22 degree break over angle. Guessing some factory genius combined two 11 degree break over angles to come up with 22. Hope I'm wrong, but doubt it. With a 157" wheelbase, the SCrew would need over 30" of ground clearance at it's mid point. Nope.

I agree. Just doesn't make sense.

dtt255

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not buying the 22 degree break over angle. Guessing some factory genius combined two 11 degree break over angles to come up with 22. Hope I'm wrong, but doubt it. With a 157" wheelbase, the SCrew would need over 30" of ground clearance at it's mid point. Nope.

I heard that with a combo of buttons etc. we can get the turbos to aim downwards and lift the truck like a harrier! So the angle numbers must be correct!!
d4ed1057510d0c28787e41f08ece2fdc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReefBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm

I don't like that the 360 cameras turn off once you start moving 'at low speeds'. What is 'low speeds'?

yenrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm

I don't like that the 360 cameras turn off once you start moving 'at low speeds'. What is 'low speeds'?

Pure speculation: but likely somewhere around 3-5 mph Id guess...cannot have anyone moving at speed and looking at a screen instead of the road, I mean a cell phone.....

muddawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the Raptor the front camera is on up to 15Mph in sand, rock crawl, and onc other mode , cant remember which other low speed mode?

fogoftw

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gen 2 - State Fair of Texas

They had three Gen 2's at the State Fair of Texas, this past weekend. Great looking truck. I really liked the Avalanche Gray paint. The truck seemed to be not as tall as my 2013 Crew Cab but could have been since it was parked on grass outside. The truck was marked as a pre-production model and was locked, but had a good look inside through the windows. Cannot wait to see one at the local dealer. Ford had several people from the Michigan plant there who were very knowledgeable on the truck building and testing. Very impressed with what I saw.

muddawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the MY 17 owners manuals are posted. But has anyone seen the Raptor supliment that is mentioned in the OM?

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

Also, has anyone see MY 17 Ford shop manuals yet?