Thanks for all the help! Moved to a Tremor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your new ride, I had a similar event occur when I was trading in my Rubicon which was spotless and only had 7500 miles on it. She was barking at the sales manager because they would not give her a price. She actually asked rather loudly in the saleroom at to who owned the blue Rubicon, out of respect I kept my mouth shut. Later I found out that they had sold it for $4500 more than I got on the trade but she needed to go through financing so a cash sale was not in my favor. But my salesman called me a week later and asked if I would mind doing a 3 way call because she had some questions about the aftermarket lighting and how it could be disconnected when you remove the hardtop. Funny because the Jeep mechanics could not figure it out either. I had wired it into the main disconnect for the top it was a mopar disconnect with a 12 pin connector and not the standard 8 pin if I remember correctly. and they took me out of the call as soon as I answered the question.

It must be nice to make $4500 and not to even wash the Jeep and who knows what they made on the financing?? I was happy with my new Jeep and she was happy with her new JKUR Rubicon ans the dealer was ecstatic about double dipping on his profit and the sprinkles were from the financing that she was paying.

Lags

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats... I did the same without the Tremor package. I wanted an 8’ bed. 8’ bed or bust.

10speed Diesel is ridiculous... delete that puppy and get a tune ASAP and your 10,000 pound truck will toy with Raptors off the line and down the stretch!

enjoy and congrats.

500mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking of it also - miss the tow mirrors, and want the massaging seats. No diesel though - too expensive and maintenance costs were 4x as high - unless you can justify it for heavy towing frequently.

Josh84

Reaction score
I love my Raptor but I could probably jump to a Tremor 7.3 and be pretty happy with the cost.
I have had diesels in the past and love them but I sure don't miss them this time of year (-18 this morning).
My main reason is I have gotten a camper and would be happier with better mirrors better towing and getting the most out of my Raptors value right now.
I would definitely think about going back to the 3rd Gen in a few years but re-sale is very good (for now).

OP
OP
Bryantbjb

Bryantbjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice Truck!

I've been thinking of doing the same thing, how is the ride on the road in comparison to the Rapor

I currently have a 2020 loaded raptor with 11k miles but would love a diesel....... and the pulling power..

thanks

So far so good. Does not feel as “planted” as the Raptor. Floats a bit, however, my friends that have F350’s report that really changes when towing. The ride is not stiff or bumpy at all. I like it.

waveslayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going through this debate myself. Love my Raptor, use it for mostly off-road use. Bought a Can Am X3 and now need a bigger truck to fit a family of six and toy all my tows. Breaks my heart with all the money into my truck. Just can't tow and fit 6! First world problems

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns