TFL Raptor R in depth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Things are so bad for Ford, they have to use a parking garage to display their halo truck? Lol

The engineering behind this truck is so awesome. This thing will rip on and off-road. Can’t wait to get mine.
my thoughts exactly! Why would they do a release like this in a parking garage?

bigft678

Reaction score
Watched it too. Seems pretty legit minus the open front diff. Love the rest.
I'm wondering if the rumors of them snapping the front axel during texting with the V8 is why they dropped the Torsen LSD for something beefier. That would be a hell of a better answer than the one the Ford rep gave in the TFL video about computers and brakes.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm wondering if the rumors of them snapping the front axel during texting with the V8 is why they dropped the Torsen LSD for something beefier. That would be a hell of a better answer than the one the Ford rep gave in the TFL video about computers and brakes.

more costs savings.. its easy to program in, vs buying hard parts that people will bitch about it torque steers on dry pavement under accel..

Billy Mc

Reaction score
The front axle thing was a bit of a surprise. Probably a reliability thing with the extra added power. Re-engineering the existing Torsen was probably deemed too time lengthy when the R was already several years behind the TRX.

I don't think it's a big deal regardless. R buyers aren't going to care!

TFL still has some good content and their podcasts are OK. But in the rush to add more and more channels (7 or 8 now) the quality has definitely gone down.