Raptor R in White MSRP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh its way more than 10 degrees lol. Way Way way more. In south Texas hail storms bad enough to cause vehicular damage are pretty uncommon (ive never had a car damaged with hail), you're thinking Dallas area/NW panhandle area. Black under a 100 degree sun for 6-8 hours gets very hot. I've never heard about that black popping out hail damage under heat....interesting.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Oh its way more than 10 degrees lol. Way Way way more. In south Texas hail storms are pretty uncommon (ive never had a car damaged with hail), you're thinking Dallas area/NW panhandle area. Black under a 100 degree sun for 6-8 hours gets very hot. I've never heard about that black popping out hail damage under heat....interesting.
I think you’re underselling the Texas hail. My real estate agent got nailed by softball sized hail in 2020 by the S/A airport. Car took some serious hits, but wasn’t totaled.
There were at least 10 hail storms in the hill country vicinity last year.

someday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh its way more than 10 degrees lol. Way Way way more. In south Texas hail storms bad enough to cause vehicular damage are pretty uncommon (ive never had a car damaged with hail), you're thinking Dallas area/NW panhandle area. Black under a 100 degree sun for 6-8 hours gets very hot. I've never heard about that black popping out hail damage under heat....interesting.
Google came up with 10F not me. It could very well be only that much. I cant tell the difference from hot AF to hot AF +10F

I have friends in DFW area and they get hail all the time. Dont think it needs to be black necessarily but depending on the dent and the sun they fix themselves!

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know what. I am comparing a steel bodied black truck to aluminum. I've only had steel black vehicles, and white aluminum bodied vehicles.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you’re underselling the Texas hail. My real estate agent got nailed by softball sized hail in 2020 by the S/A airport. Car took some serious hits, but wasn’t totaled.
There were at least 10 hail storms in the hill country vicinity last year.
Yeah anywhere west and northwest of the gulf coast gets it pretty bad, around the Houston area its pretty light. Its a big state, we just get the hurricanes instead of hail...lol

Inquisitor

Reaction score
I'm in central TX, we had a freak hail storm at the end of September that came out of nowhere. Wife and I discussed putting vehicles under cover, and ended up not because we thought storm would pass by. We had 3 vehicles each with at least 15K damage done to them, including my '23 37pp I got in April for MSRP.
Ended up dropping by my local dealership to see if I could test drive a R they got in on a trade, guy had it for 2 months, drove it to Florida and back, and traded it in when his dark horse came in.
I pulled the trigger after the test drive and took the R home that night.

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in central TX, we had a freak hail storm at the end of September that came out of nowhere. Wife and I discussed putting vehicles under cover, and ended up not because we thought storm would pass by. We had 3 vehicles each with at least 15K damage done to them, including my '23 37pp I got in April for MSRP.
Ended up dropping by my local dealership to see if I could test drive a R they got in on a trade, guy had it for 2 months, drove it to Florida and back, and traded it in when his dark horse came in.
I pulled the trigger after the test drive and took the R home that night.
congrats, don't be shy and open your own topic with an introduce and pictures , we love pictures on FRF, all pictures !!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter