Test Drive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oris19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't even see one in person till the night before I was going to pick up mine I had heard one came in at another dealer. Went to the dealership to peek at it at 11:30at nite after work. Seeing that one only fueled the fire more. I didn't drive mine until all the paperwork was done. I thought about it along the way That it did seem strange not driving a truck paying a lot of money for...I drove away with a big ole smile, and never looked back. Love the thing... waited 4 and 1/2 months to get it. But if you have the opportunity to drive one first why not...

MostSecretAgentMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel like IMHO if you need to test drive a vehicle like a Raptor, it's not for you. Again, just an opinion. It's a specialized off road truck. What are you hoping to experience at a stop sign or a red light?

You want to see if it actually has power as a V6, give it a WOT tap? Yeah, if you're doing that so have 6 other drivers. So you got a 70k truck with 62 miles on it and has had WOT punch several times probably before the engine was even warm.

I wouldn't drive off in a Raptor that was on the lot and had more than 10 miles on it unless it had a deep discount.

That's the feeling many have, thus why lots of / most of the dealers don't allow test drives.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
I feel like IMHO if you need to test drive a vehicle like a Raptor, it's not for you. Again, just an opinion. It's a specialized off road truck. What are you hoping to experience at a stop sign or a red light?

You want to see if it actually has power as a V6, give it a WOT tap? Yeah, if you're doing that so have 6 other drivers. So you got a 70k truck with 62 miles on it and has had WOT punch several times probably before the engine was even warm.

I wouldn't drive off in a Raptor that was on the lot and had more than 10 miles on it unless it had a deep discount.

That's the feeling many have, thus why lots of / most of the dealers don't allow test drives.

Can I test drive yours then? [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk