Test Drive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Hagasan41

Hagasan41

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I plan on taking a shit in the morning. Have you all been able to take morning ***** on a regular basis? Should be a fun morning! Thanks for reading [emoji8]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're cute! Extra soft or quilted...

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

If you loved the old dog that was the 6.2 you're going to be blown away with the ecoboost...:biggrin:

I was able to drive my Neighbors 17' King Ranch and like it so I fully expect to be blown away by the HO 3.5.

J.Bodolay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...how many of you guys were able to test drive the new Raptor before pulling the trigger...

It shouldn't be a problem, while they are getting the paperwork ready, tell Sales that you want to have the service manager take a ride in it with you, to make sure that the truck's "Good to go".

I did, no eyebrows raised, no questions asked. The service manager was happy to have a customer seek out his opinion. We drove +10 miles each, while finding buttons and changing modes.

Hope that helps.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I didn't test drive mine before picking it up. I was committed and figured if there were any issues they'd be apparent on the drive home.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did it backwards. Placed an order first. But then with a different dealer had one on his lot, I took it for a test drive.

D

Deleted member 12951

A lot of folks buy without, even on the GEN1 when it was new. I ordered and didn't until I got it. You order and wait that long, you are buying

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
The dealer closest to me would not even unlock one to see inside. For my 2011 I ordered without driving but drove before I sign the papers. Will do the same with my 2018.

x-ray

Reaction score
I was able to test drive one that a local dealer had on the lot. It wasn't even an issue. I walked in and talked to the sales guy for a few minutes and he offered a test drive without being asked. Truck had about 100 miles on it already. Did the test drive without annoying ride along. Didn't purchase that truck but did recently order based on the test drive.

I think you mileage will vary widely based on location, dealer markup and availability (pretty obvious) but as my mom always taught me, the worst thing anyone can say is no. I would never buy/take delivery without a quick test drive before signing.

X

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As soon as I arrived to pick up my ordered truck, the salesman said hop in and take it for a spin first. So we drove around for 4-5 miles just to make sure everything was as expected. I jokingly said, "yeah...I'm not digging this. I don't think I'll buy it". Salesman had a shocked look on his face, then realized I was joking. Went inside and did the paperwork right after. Got it for 2k below sticker.

Obscure

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I test drove one at the local dealership last week. Unfortunately, it put me even more on the fence about the 2017. Maybe it was just the one I drove, but I wasn't super impressed with the 10 speed. It seemed clunky and was hunting for gears too much. I'd still buy one right now, but after the test drive I wasn't even willing to pay sticker for it. I read some posts saying the transmission "learns", so maybe with more miles on the truck it would get better (it had 51 miles on it). Also, the dealer really didn't even blink when I asked to test drive it, but they also knew I had the money to buy it on the spot if I wanted it.