GEN 2 Tesla Style Android Radios - 14.5 inch Screens, Octacore, QHD and FHD and 128GB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I didn't see it in the thread, cant find it anywhere, but has anyone tried this screen in an 801A truck? Interested in knowing if this device will control the climate system and access the heated steering wheel.

Again: 801A truck..
Don't quote me but I believe there are different versions of the unit - once for 'manual ac' and ones for auto, also for 8" or 4.3" screen. See the options here, contact autotec for more info is what I'd do...

tspitt4

Reaction score
Don't quote me but I believe there are different versions of the unit - once for 'manual ac' and ones for auto, also for 8" or 4.3" screen. See the options here, contact autotec for more info is what I'd do...

You’re correct. When you order you have to put which version of sync you have and if you have auto or manual ac. Even if you order from aliexpress instead of autotec the vendor will message you and ask which sync you have and typically asks you to send them a picture of it

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just curious, did anyone opt for the smaller 12.1” screen? If so how was the fit? I think I might like the overall fit better, but would like to see a good pick. Website pics are pretty basic.

Also, it looks the 12.1 and the 14.4 are the same performance and features. Can anyone confirm?

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did anyone install the SIM card to enable cell service? Or is it not really necessary?
I've really been thinking about it. The Apple CarPlay locks up both WiFi and Bluetooth. So you can't just switch out of it and do something else (Sync still works fine along with SiriusXM on there). But if you, for example, wanted to jump out of CarPlay and watch a YouTube video, it won't work. If you had a dedicated SIM in the radio, it would work.

Tomkirkland4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've really been thinking about it. The Apple CarPlay locks up both WiFi and Bluetooth. So you can't just switch out of it and do something else (Sync still works fine along with SiriusXM on there). But if you, for example, wanted to jump out of CarPlay and watch a YouTube video, it won't work. If you had a dedicated SIM in the radio, it would work.
Thanks. Really helpful. Does the sim install in the front or back of the radio?

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Really helpful. Does the sim install in the front or back of the radio?
There is a card reader module on the pigtail of the system. So it's not readily accessible once installed. Some folks have routed it into the glove box area.