Tail gate step... Do u really use it??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sniperm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do u guys really use the tail gate steps??

Is it easy to take out?

Would it be easy to use the tail gate or just step on the tire and jump up..?

faceoff4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the step and it is easy to use and take out but to be honest I rarely use it. Please keep in mind I am not a heavy user of getting in and out of the back of my truck, so I may not be the ideal person to weigh in on this...but at 6'3 I find it easy just to jump in and out when I need to.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I use mine all the time - not out of neccesity, but out of convenience. It's also a great foot rest if you are sitting on your tailgate. It's very easy to extend and retract. I never use the midget stripper pole.

KeithS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use mine all the time, much more so than I expected when I ordered it. In fact, I now regret putting in a BedRug because I step into the bed instead of crawling in on my knees like with every past truck I've owned. Primary reason for the BedRug was that it is much easier on the knees than a spray-in liner.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Extremely easy to use and I use my bed ALOT. I was goin to order one without it but when the dealer got one in the way i wanted plus the step i took it thinking i would never use it. I work out of the bed and I always do home improvements at home also and i use it often. It makes life easy

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
It's OK to jump in and out with empty hands but when you're actually carrying something the step is clutch.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk 2