Tail gate step... Do u really use it??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svtfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My original 13 order didnt have it, but when I found my new loaded 12 it was in it. I love it so far. I highly recommend getting this option.

Brian

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
i dont really use my step at all, the few ive needed to get into the bed i just crawled in. now the extender i use quite a bit. not as an extender, but a compartment. hook them together, fold them back into the bed. after going grocery shopping, throw em all in the bed up against the extender, make my way home, and its all still in the same spot by the tailgate right where i put em! old truck id have to get into the bed to coral all my stuff. no more!!!!

the extender was nice too when i brought my old exhaust home from the shop, i doubt it would have fallen out its so damn heavy, but gave me piece of mind.

i would still get the step tho, when tailgating, set up some chairs in the bed, easy up and down for me and any guests, and get a better look at the "view".

the thought of you hiking up your pants and flopping on to your tailgate made me :lol2:

OP
OP
sniperm

sniperm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahahaha u guys craCK ME UP!!

Guess ill just take out the spray in bedl liner and go with liner-x

801A
Sunroof
Bed extender
Tail gate step
Front & rear camera it is....

Timgco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually think the step rattles a lot when driving....I only hear when the windows are down. I do still use the step a lot though.

X2, mine CLUNKS going over curb sized bumps. I haven'te figured out what it actually does to clunk when in it's stored position.

tjj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't have one, wish I would have ordered it.

You'll like going with Line-X instead of the spray in.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't have one, wish I would have ordered it.

I've heard tons of people say this. I've never heard anyone say they wished they didn't get it. It's a no brainer for me, the thing is great.
I dig the bed extender too, I use it all the time - mostly for a compartment rather than extending the bed. I also frequently remove it altogether for camping trips where I'm loading down the bed. It's just two bolts, takes about two minutes to add or remove it. I would absolutely get both.

Stepside

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That step is great for when i'm unloading 40Lb bags of wood pellets and anything else.
The pole is good for when i'm feeling that - 'kink in my back'

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc