Sync Scheduled Maintenance?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BKA

BKA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me know if this becomes a common thing, The Car Stereo Company. For now, I don't recommend performing any further troubleshooting. It sounds like you were able to get it functioning properly again.

You're welcome. Judging from your other comments, it seems that you're narrowing down the cause of this issue. I look forward to hearing your findings. Keep us all posted!

Hey TheWolf,

It sounds like your MyFord Touch system is working as intended. This screen is a type of preventative maintenance that will occur once in a while. If you begin noticing it more often, let me know.

Kim

Hi Kim,

OK, I have done several tests now and seem to have narrowed down the set of circumstances that lead to the MFT reset (reboot). With the OBDLink MX WiFi adapter plugged into the OBD port, and while I am running the Dash Command app on my iPhone 6 Plus, if I select to play my iTunes music on my iPhone on the MFT via the bluetooth connection, the MFT will reset. It will happen every time, sometimes right away, other times a few minutes into the drive (or just sitting in the driveway).

I can run the Dash Command app on its own all day, day after day with no problems.

Or, I can play my iTunes on the MFT through the bluetooth connection, on its own, day after day with no problems.

But, run the two together the SYNC/MFT resets and takes out the dash gauges and Drivers Information Display for a slit second when it does.

Thoughts? (other than don't run them together)........

FordIVTteam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Kim,

OK, I have done several tests now and seem to have narrowed down the set of circumstances that lead to the MFT reset (reboot). With the OBDLink MX WiFi adapter plugged into the OBD port, and while I am running the Dash Command app on my iPhone 6 Plus, if I select to play my iTunes music on my iPhone on the MFT via the bluetooth connection, the MFT will reset. It will happen every time, sometimes right away, other times a few minutes into the drive (or just sitting in the driveway).

I can run the Dash Command app on its own all day, day after day with no problems.

Or, I can play my iTunes on the MFT through the bluetooth connection, on its own, day after day with no problems.

But, run the two together the SYNC/MFT resets and takes out the dash gauges and Drivers Information Display for a slit second when it does.

Thoughts? (other than don't run them together)........
I wish I did, BKA. I'm glad you were able to narrow it down, but the master reset is still the best troubleshooting step I am able to recommend for this type of issue. At this point, not running the 2 devices at the same time is probably in your best interest.

Kim

OP
OP
BKA

BKA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish I did, BKA. I'm glad you were able to narrow it down, but the master reset is still the best troubleshooting step I am able to recommend for this type of issue. At this point, not running the 2 devices at the same time is probably in your best interest.

Kim

Hi Kim,

What's the difference between the master reset and the resets that have been happing on their own? Will I loose any data or custom settings?

Thanks,

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
BKA, did you activate the WiFi feature in MFT?
If so, try turning it off or disconnect from your iPhone's WiFi if you set that up. Leave the Bluetooth.
MFT might trying to connect to the Internet thinking the MX is a Access point.
And/or MTF is trying to connect to the iPhone since you have the WiFi enable for the MX.

The WiFi feature in MFT doesn't do anything anyway. Ford never implemented software/Apps for it.

Just a thought.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BKA

BKA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BKA, did you activate the WiFi feature in MFT?
If so, try turning it off or disconnect from your iPhone's WiFi if you set that up. Leave the Bluetooth.
MFT might trying to connect to the Internet thinking the MX is a Access point.
And/or MTF is trying to connect to the iPhone since you have the WiFi enable for the MX.

The WiFi feature in MFT doesn't do anything anyway. Ford never implemented software/Apps for it.

Just a thought.

The WiFi settings on the MFT are off or disabled so I am confident the MFT isn't trying to talk to the iPhone via the WiFi.

FordIVTteam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Kim,

What's the difference between the master reset and the resets that have been happing on their own? Will I loose any data or custom settings?

Thanks,

The master reset changes all of your settings back to the original factory settings. This will delete any connected devices as well. You'll find more information here: How to Perform a Master Reset | MyFord Touch | Ford.com

Since the MyFord Touch system seems to be working properly when the dash command app is not running, I don't think it is necessary to walk through this reset. You can certainly give it a shot though; it won't hurt to try!

Kim