Switzer Performance For GEN2 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can dead lift 500 lbs too.

If I tried to lift it....

I would die.

Proud papa as you should be!

AKLA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These numbers are on aftermarket turbos?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jakeO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From their FB post

Evgeny Isianov
Any details on the turbo setup??
Like · Reply · 3 · August 18 at 2:40pm

Switzer Switzer Performance We customized a set of Gen 2 Garretts for this project.
Like · Reply · 4 · August 18 at 4:38pm
Manage
Tim Barnard
Tim Barnard Ported and polished?
Like · Reply · August 18 at 10:25pm

Victor K
Victor K Switzer Performance the gen2 uses Borg Warner K03s stock, Garret is a Honeywell turbo.
Like · Reply · August 19 at 8:51am

RGVRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is upgrading the turbos just to make the same power as a competitors tune on stock turbos worth the money? Can't imagine this will be cheap or easy to install.

I guess you're just paying for a more efficient setup?

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think a lot of questions are raised.

However...

They made 529WHP. You aren't doing that with the stock turbos with SPD adapters, down pipes, tune, intake, catback.... With the best tune with the best bolt ons.... you're looking at 480-490 tops.
40-50 more horsepower isn't a ton, but it is significant.

The turbos they installed were huge. Why didn't they make more power? My opinion is that they ran into knock and detonation under even the slightest load and recognized pushing further was a quick death. The ecoboost is known for having a narrow threshold between being optimized and having uncontrolled knock. I'm guessing. I have nothing other than ecoboost knowledge to base my opinion.

If that's the case... then to raise the horsepower ceiling considerably more you probably need to dig into the heads, combustion chamber compression ratio, etc. the Ford GT is making over 600 horsepower but its bhp... not at the wheels. Switzer got the Raptor to over 600bhp also.... probably 650ish if you do the drivetrain math.

Then the last thought.... unless you are going into competition or are a hobbyist looking for strip times.... etc.... going beyond what Switzer did is probably not going to make for a great, reliable daily driver. Switzer takes pride in setting up all their kits for reliable daily driving....

So then the final thought.... so is the extra 40-50 wheel horsepower worth the money and labor for this kit.... let alone the dyno tuning.... and I think to answer that question is to know the price and whether or not that you want to spend it.

Is upgrading the turbos just to make the same power as a competitors tune on stock turbos worth the money? Can't imagine this will be cheap or easy to install.

I guess you're just paying for a more efficient setup?

Muredhawk

Reaction score
I think a lot of questions are raised.

However...

They made 529WHP. You aren't doing that with the stock turbos with SPD adapters, down pipes, tune, intake, catback.... With the best tune with the best bolt ons.... you're looking at 480-490 tops.
40-50 more horsepower isn't a ton, but it is significant.

The turbos they installed were huge. Why didn't they make more power? My opinion is that they ran into knock and detonation under even the slightest load and recognized pushing further was a quick death. The ecoboost is known for having a narrow threshold between being optimized and having uncontrolled knock. I'm guessing. I have nothing other than ecoboost knowledge to base my opinion.

If that's the case... then to raise the horsepower ceiling considerably more you probably need to dig into the heads, combustion chamber compression ratio, etc. the Ford GT is making over 600 horsepower but its bhp... not at the wheels. Switzer got the Raptor to over 600bhp also.... probably 650ish if you do the drivetrain math.

Then the last thought.... unless you are going into competition or are a hobbyist looking for strip times.... etc.... going beyond what Switzer did is probably not going to make for a great, reliable daily driver. Switzer takes pride in setting up all their kits for reliable daily driving....

So then the final thought.... so is the extra 40-50 wheel horsepower worth the money and labor for this kit.... let alone the dyno tuning.... and I think to answer that question is to know the price and whether or not that you want to spend it.

I think that they are just still tip toeing it in. They stated on Facebook that they don't want to put over 500 tq yet because they are not sure what is the weak component for the trans or engine. This is an experiment because of curiosity not to set hp records. I don't blame them for not wanting to blow the thing up just yet. They aren't even sure they are going to offer a kit for sale...

I can promise you that the turbo's can support significantly more power but at the moment nobody has made more power than this setup and they are deep into uncharted territory.

There quite a few differences with his package considering the new engine, injector setup, and driveline...

I hope they go further but more importantly I would just give them time to see if they really want to do it in the first place. After all, I am sure this is somebody's daily driver.

Shockm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From their FB post

Evgeny Isianov
Any details on the turbo setup??
Like · Reply · 3 · August 18 at 2:40pm

Switzer Switzer Performance We customized a set of Gen 2 Garretts for this project.
Like · Reply · 4 · August 18 at 4:38pm
Manage
Tim Barnard
Tim Barnard Ported and polished?
Like · Reply · August 18 at 10:25pm

Victor K
Victor K Switzer Performance the gen2 uses Borg Warner K03s stock, Garret is a Honeywell turbo.
Like · Reply · August 19 at 8:51am

They DO NOT use the stock hot side. Call Tym and ask him. Sheesh.