Swapping out Raptor Side Windows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlainJane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have BLIS on my Raptor, so my mirrors have little concave mirrors in the upper corner. I was thinking of installing F150 trailer tow mirrors, but they are very pricey. I could not find the part number for a XL series trailer tow mirror. I have adapted to my Raptor mirrors.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Raptor mirrors with blind spot are amazing. Putting on mirrors from a different truck is just plain silly imo. THe Raptors side mirrors are plenty large for their inteneded purpose and perfectly monitor the blind spot...heck they even automatically extend to show me the trailer blind spot if I'm towing. If you're having an issue then perhaps you should talk to the dealer.

Christopher Manns

Reaction score
The Raptor mirrors with blind spot are amazing. Putting on mirrors from a different truck is just plain silly imo. THe Raptors side mirrors are plenty large for their inteneded purpose and perfectly monitor the blind spot...heck they even automatically extend to show me the trailer blind spot if I'm towing. If you're having an issue then perhaps you should talk to the dealer.

The Raptor mirrors extend when towing?

OP
OP
NovagatorCFA

NovagatorCFA

Reaction score

What mirrors with blind spot are you referring to? The only mirrors on the 19 models are stock mirrors with BLIS technology, indicating something is in your blind spot (and beyond).

onthebrake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll agree that the Raptor mirrors suck compared to the Super Duty's. I've been a F350 diesel guy for years ( from 03 to 2017 )until now the Raptor. I put on a couple lick em and stick em blind spot mirrors on my Raptor as well. The truck is so wide, I'm not sure the bigger mirrors are a good idea.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What mirrors with blind spot are you referring to? The only mirrors on the 19 models are stock mirrors with BLIS technology, indicating something is in your blind spot (and beyond).

The blind spot monitoring adjusts to sense cars in the trailer blind spot automatically when a trailer is connected. The mirrors themselves don't extend but the sonar does.

Blue Ballin

Reaction score
I think it'll give your Raptor a "Dumbo Ears" appearance, but utility-wise, it makes sense. The only minor fender bender I've had in my Raptor over the last 2+ years, has been as a result of not being able to see my lower right side of my truck when turning right and not clearing a parked car bumper near a driveway I was turning into. All it took was it to happen once, and I got blind spot mirror inserts on Amazon and stuck them on my current mirrors. It works great now, covers my lower level blind spots on both sides of the truck, especially since I have 37" tires that stick out a little bit, and it doesn't look too shabby.

Good luck on whatever you decide in resolving the blind spot issues.