Swapping a gen2 raptor engine into 2018 f150 platinum?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine has a 2018 Ford f150 platinum with the 3.5 eco boost, and since he needs to replace his engine he's wondering what the difference would be with the raptor high output engine compared to his, and if it Will work fine if he got a used raptor engine to put in it instead. Anyone here know?

OP
OP
M3sparky

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes i know the newer ones have the same engine option but his was the regular one with I think 380 stock so he's wondering if it would drop in without any custom work being needed. Appreciate the feedback

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes i know the newer ones have the same engine option but his was the regular one with I think 380 stock so he's wondering if it would drop in without any custom work being needed. Appreciate the feedback

I guess it depends what you mean by custom work. The engine block will mount in the same physical locations, and the transmission will bolt up. The custom part will come in when trying to get the Raptor PCM calibration to cooperate with a standard 3.5 F-150. I would think a good tuner could make it happen without too much trouble though.

OP
OP
M3sparky

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess it depends what you mean by custom work. The engine block will mount in the same physical locations, and the transmission will bolt up. The custom part will come in when trying to get the Raptor PCM calibration to cooperate with a standard 3.5 F-150. I would think a good tuner could make it happen without too much trouble though.

if all the connections in the engine bay would be the same i meant, if they are i guess he can ask 5 star or mpt if they are able to do it since he had tunes with them .

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Small item .. but what about the fan for the IC? Raptors have fans for the IC and F150s do not. My point is that there are prob a few small things you are not accounting for and thus most likely you will run into issues.