GEN 2 SW downpipes install with cats and tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Jayrod

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What does that have to do with anything? I ask because I have the same tune and also have adaptive cruise.... I never told them anything and I have no problems?

They likely tuned for yours out of the gate. I asked them a few questions and he said " hey do you have ACC" and was like crap I forgot to put that in, let's wait and run on this file. I'm guessing something doesn't work right on the dyno etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue with ACC on my raptor. My truck would shudder at traffic lights and now it's fine. I had to get the updated tune for it to go away. They also change the power curve to be more linear vs up front in your face. Shifting remains and feels the same.

OP
OP
Jayrod

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue with ACC on my raptor. My truck would shudder at traffic lights and now it's fine. I had to get the updated tune for it to go away. They also change the power curve to be more linear vs up front in your face. Shifting remains and feels the same.

He sent the tune just now. I may have time tomorrow to get in there. I'll try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's a function of the drive by wire aggressiveness setting. It's not really a horsepower change. It's just how the truck responds to user input with respect to throttle position.

OP
OP
Jayrod

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a function of the drive by wire aggressiveness setting. It's not really a horsepower change. It's just how the truck responds to user input with respect to throttle position.

Either way they told me to hold off until i put this tune on. Taking that advice and moving the dyno.

OLI62

Reaction score
Jayrod, did you install the DP's yourself or have a shop do it? If a shop did mind if I ask who?

Thinking of adding down pipes to mine but would like a good shop to install it, even if I have to travel there and leave it to get it done. Thanks.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Either way they told me to hold off until i put this tune on. Taking that advice and moving the dyno.

Oh no Jay... that was for Wizo.... not you...

When he was talking about the change to the power curve.

I'd listen to them too.

OP
OP
Jayrod

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh no Jay... that was for Wizo.... not you...

When he was talking about the change to the power curve.

I'd listen to them too.

Oh gotcha, yeah I thought it best to listen lol. I was ready to dyno though.

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

Jayrod, did you install the DP's yourself or have a shop do it? If a shop did mind if I ask who?

Thinking of adding down pipes to mine but would like a good shop to install it, even if I have to travel there and leave it to get it done. Thanks.

I use Bozard Fords install shop. They have two highly reviewed and respected mechanics who do all of their supercharger kits for roush. Also do major lift kits, suspension adds etc. I fully trust them.

jbot

Reaction score

sorry to raise this from the dead but curious if you ever got the truck dyno'd? i'm thinking about the downpipes with stock exhaust combo with tune. would love to know if it made a significant difference over just tune in terms of HP, and if the sound is still ok after a few months. thanks!