suspension mods for Havoc in the Hills II

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rap67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey there, I'm headed to Havoc II and the suspension on my raptor is bone stock. It'll have the SVC bump stop on for the weekend.

Are stock suspensions OK for these types of rides? This will be my first and I'd like to come out with a damage free (relatively speaking):) truck.

What suspension mods do you guys recommend, as a minimum, if any at all for a successful and enjoyable weekend?

Thanks in advance.

Marc

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've done some pretty serious stuff and all I have is the RPG stage 2 which is bump stop and frame support.

At first I had big plans to get 3.0s and the such but now that I've learned my truck, and I know what the stock suspension is capable of, I take pride in having a stock suspension and beińg able to keep up with the big boys. Relatively.

You should be fine. Just remember that you DONT have an upgrade suspension and this is your FIRST time taking the beast out. Learn it. You're gonna hit some bumps and g outs harder then you should. You're gonna hit some slower then you should. Seat time will help you out.

Do a Prerun. Go to an offroad area and do everything you wanna do. Practice

slowest member of WCPR

OP
OP
rap67

rap67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you! I appreciate the advice...

Any thoughts on mid perch for this type of weekend driving? (I have no complaints on how my truck drives; so any mod I would do is for the occasional faster off road run or for hunt season when the bed is full and I'm towing a trailer with a large ATV and am off road daily but at slow speeds)

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would say mid perch would be a great mod for this. The extra ground clearance will lessen the chance of u bashing your front skid.

D

Deleted member 12951

I would do mid perch at a minimum. Pretty sure you might bash the factory skid regardless. Get an aftermarket one.

dfass16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been to the first havoc with a totally stock truck and didn't damage a thing. I also was fortunate enough to check out the trails that will be run for havoc 2. Every thing you will encounter is stock truck friendly. Like everyone else said, drive to your capabilities and you'll be fine.

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey there, I'm headed to Havoc II and the suspension on my raptor is bone stock. It'll have the SVC bump stop on for the weekend.

Are stock suspensions OK for these types of rides? This will be my first and I'd like to come out with a damage free (relatively speaking):) truck.

What suspension mods do you guys recommend, as a minimum, if any at all for a successful and enjoyable weekend?

Thanks in advance.

Marc

I did Havoc last year with a completely bone stock suspension setup and was able to push it really hard. There are others that have done the same like big blue. I received the best piece of advice from Bearclaw which was "the last time I checked you are the one in control of the skinny pedal." Just don't out drive your abilities. Also something that helped a lot was to ride with some of the more experience drivers, most all of them will gladly use you as an excuse to go out 1 more time. Hit me up if ya want. This year I will be sunning the SVC bump stops and Deaver springs similar to your setup. The other thing riding with other will get you a small feel for what the different suspension set ups are like.