Surging sensation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Patriot Drone

Reaction score
New to me 2019 Raptor. This is my first Raptor, first Ecoboost and first 10 speed transmission. Is it normal to have a surging sensation during acceleration around 4th,5th or 6th gears? 2019 with 28k miles

OP
OP
Patriot Drone

Patriot Drone

Reaction score
Wow…six months later and still having these issues but my fault for not seeing any of these replies !

Just to clear the air, I purchased the truck used from a local Ford dealer. I have not installed a tune myself, but my level of frustration with the drivability of this Raptor has me considering a tune or another truck. Is there a way to tell if the truck has been tuned before I bought it?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow…six months later and still having these issues but my fault for not seeing any of these replies !

Just to clear the air, I purchased the truck used from a local Ford dealer. I have not installed a tune myself, but my level of frustration with the drivability of this Raptor has me considering a tune or another truck. Is there a way to tell if the truck has been tuned before I bought it?
If you bought it from a local Ford Dealer, they can tell if it has a tune in it. Is the engine surging or is it the transmission lunging when it changes gears? Can you upload a video?

OP
OP
Patriot Drone

Patriot Drone

Reaction score
If you bought it from a local Ford Dealer, they can tell if it has a tune in it. Is the engine surging or is it the transmission lunging when it changes gears? Can you upload a video?
It “feels” like it’s not but likely one or the other. The surging sensation is more of a “seat of the pants” thing that likely won’t translate into a video.

What’s really frustrating is that the truck was driving great until about two weeks ago. I went through a period of surging and bad shifting and then the truck started to “feel” strong and shifts felt compliant. Now, it’s all over the place.