SuperCrew Raptor unloaded

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
You can see the last pic of the grey Raptor they have the built in Blind spot mirror. Wish ours had it..
I wonder if we could just order the glass portion and put it in..

Maverick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah not digging the 4 door. Love the CC Super Duties but the short and stout SC Raptor is the way to go.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah not digging the 4 door. Love the CC Super Duties but the short and stout SC Raptor is the way to go.

Hey Maverick, welcome!
I'm pretty much with you. The first rumors of the SCrew Raptor became public around when I took delivery on my 6 .2.
When I first heard them, I thought about the downside of a longer wheelbase off-road and the upside of a crew-cab's utility on-road. I instantly started wondering if I would see the crew cab Raptor and wish I had it instead. Then I saw the spy photos and was kinda baffled by the LONGlook of it (didn't they have a longer bed on that one, or did I get that illusion due to the bed topper they put on to "disguise" it?).
Then came the photoshops, which for me are (for some reason I'm still not sure of) the best photos to my eye.
Then came the unveiled spy photos + pics posted online and articles and something still just doesn't look right to me. The more I look at them, the more I like the look of the SCab.
But we've all got different needs, I know for some people the bigger backseat is a must.
I'm curious to see what my reaction in person will be in person. I know at least 2 of my buddies are planning on buying them.

Maverick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right. I followed the same pattern. I also liked the photoshopped ones better. I don't like SC SUper Duties. It's the CC or nothing. Lifted of course. But I think the CC Raptor takes away it's balls. But it will still be a sweet truck and more practical for some. I considered it too.

One thing I need to say is that the Raptor looks way better in person than on photos. You can't really see the wide and protruding body in photos. I'm sure the CC will look better in person. Still too long in the Raptor platform for me.

Waiting for an 11'.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing I need to say is that the Raptor looks way better in person than on photos. You can't really see the wide and protruding body in photos. I'm sure the CC will look better in person. Still too long in the Raptor platform for me.

Waiting for an 11'.

I also agree with you on the in-person thing. That's why I'm staying open-minded about it. What I really want to see is how the SCrew feels in the desert.... I'm curious to see how the long wheelbase affects the ride in high-speed whoops, etc. I'm sure the ride will be more fun for rear-seat passengers.... maybe they'll even get some Oh-Shit Handles back there this time around. When one of my buddies does finally get one, I'll be able to feel the ride in the SCab and the Screw back-to-back and then right aaa review here with my thoughts.

I love how you jumped right in the conversation with us Maverick. Keep the posts coming, we hope you'll stick around and ******** with us during your excruciating waiting period.

Maverick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. We're talking about the same thing on the other forum. Bad thing about the Raptors is dealerships aren't stocking more than one and most don't have any so it's impossible to look at them. None around here have any and I haven't seen one on the road since April. I saw one at a dealer back in June.

That's what made me decide Raptor over an 11' Super Duty. Glad I'm not thinking about the CC anymore because chances are I'll have to order one without ever seeing it in person.