Supercab Sound system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dkyle1220

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive got two digital designs 2500 series 8inch subs with a custom box and a 1000 w amp its ungodly loud way beyond what you would expect from 8's. i really recommend looking in to these before you spend your money on 10s or 12s the 8inch subs really take advantage of the airspace.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
those are very good speakers but its still an 8in woofer one of the shops i used to work at had DD they are very loud. but as with any small speaker the voice coil can only be so big so that limits the frequency response of the woofer. i personally have nothing against them at all, i just prefer to have broader range of bass when it comes to woofers so an 8 just isnt big enough

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Man! I really like these FoxBoxes! And being they are made only an hour and a half up the road down here in LA makes me wanna drive to pick one up! My only downfall is I want 12's. I called these Fox ppl and they did tell me I can fit a 10" W3 if I opted for the more expensive woofer. He advised me to use the W0's strictly due to cost factor and being the W0's operate at 90% design of the box was my better option. Knowing me though, ill I'm afraid I won't get the deeper notes. I don't listen to gangsta rap or anything like that but I do listen to dubstep and the typical rap/R&b songs that usually play on the radio........I have a 1200watt amp....should I be better going with the alpine type R or they're shallow mounts? If I go shallow mount, I think those would be best. Can you correct me or give me your insight?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok Nos I'm now looking at this setup since I'd like to have deeper bass so I'm gonna go with 12's

Supercrew Sound box Dual 12's

Ford F-150 Extended Cab / Super Cab 09-12 Dual Subwoofer Box

2 JL 12w1v2-4

12W1v2-4 - Car Audio - Subwoofer Drivers - W1v2 - JL Audio

And they are rated at 300 RMS so do I want a 300 watt amp or 500 since there is 2 of them? I'd get either the JL Slash 300 or 500
unfortunately the box is a bit small for those speakers. the internal airspace is .80 cubic ft. the w1 wants to see 1.25 cubic feet each, so you wont get a deep bass response because of that. that is where the shallow mount speakers work well. if you have a box and even though the speakers fit, there is not enough airspace then go with shallow mount. the one woofer i recommend from pioneer is the ts-sw3001. you only need .50 cubic ft of airspace so the .80 that the box you were looking at gives you, falls in perfectly with the woofer. i would hate for you to buy everything and not be happy with it. JL is a very good speaker but in the wrong box will sound like crap. in my personnal opinion the pioneers will sound better in that particular box. if you can find a bigger box then go jl all the way. even the w3 only need 1.25 cubic ft. trying to put a system together on a reasonable budget limits how much you are going to get. so to keep it fairly cheap look into those pioneers. if you want to spend big money then let me know, but i figure 55 grand on a truck might eat into some of your spending money
as far as your amp goes, any slash series amp will do you good but you will want a 500w amp. remember, match power (rms) from the amp to the total power of your woofers (rms). even if your amp is not quite the same amount of power, (500w amp and two 300w woofers =600w) a good quality amp will always put out.

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

Man! I really like these FoxBoxes! And being they are made only an hour and a half up the road down here in LA makes me wanna drive to pick one up! My only downfall is I want 12's. I called these Fox ppl and they did tell me I can fit a 10" W3 if I opted for the more expensive woofer. He advised me to use the W0's strictly due to cost factor and being the W0's operate at 90% design of the box was my better option. Knowing me though, ill I'm afraid I won't get the deeper notes. I don't listen to gangsta rap or anything like that but I do listen to dubstep and the typical rap/R&b songs that usually play on the radio........I have a 1200watt amp....should I be better going with the alpine type R or they're shallow mounts? If I go shallow mount, I think those would be best. Can you correct me or give me your insight?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
because under the seat boxes are so popular, lets list facts.
they are very convenient.
they dont get in the way
they usually dont get stolen (by dumb thieves anyways)
many companies make them for many different trucks

now the negatives

they never fit the woofer you want
a lot of them are cheaply made
there are speaker depth problems with a lot of them
when a company says that a 10in woofer will fit in their box, they mean that any 10in woofer will fit. they dont do any work with speaker manufacturers. so they dont know how big to build the box for a certain speaker. a JL and an alpine 12 are both the same size but yet they both require different sized enclosures. just because the hole fits a speaker doesnt mean its going to sound good.
try to keep this in mind when looking for a speaker/box combo. remember, wrong box equals wrong sound

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
unfortunately the box is a bit small for those speakers. the internal airspace is .80 cubic ft. the w1 wants to see 1.25 cubic feet each, so you wont get a deep bass response because of that. that is where the shallow mount speakers work well. if you have a box and even though the speakers fit, there is not enough airspace then go with shallow mount. the one woofer i recommend from pioneer is the ts-sw3001. you only need .50 cubic ft of airspace so the .80 that the box you were looking at gives you, falls in perfectly with the woofer. i would hate for you to buy everything and not be happy with it. JL is a very good speaker but in the wrong box will sound like crap. in my personnal opinion the pioneers will sound better in that particular box. if you can find a bigger box then go jl all the way. even the w3 only need 1.25 cubic ft. trying to put a system together on a reasonable budget limits how much you are going to get. so to keep it fairly cheap look into those pioneers. if you want to spend big money then let me know, but i figure 55 grand on a truck might eat into some of your spending money
as far as your amp goes, any slash series amp will do you good but you will want a 500w amp. remember, match power (rms) from the amp to the total power of your woofers (rms). even if your amp is not quite the same amount of power, (500w amp and two 300w woofers =600w) a good quality amp will always put out.

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

because under the seat boxes are so popular, lets list facts.
they are very convenient.
they dont get in the way
they usually dont get stolen (by dumb thieves anyways)
many companies make them for many different trucks

now the negatives

they never fit the woofer you want
a lot of them are cheaply made
there are speaker depth problems with a lot of them
when a company says that a 10in woofer will fit in their box, they mean that any 10in woofer will fit. they dont do any work with speaker manufacturers. so they dont know how big to build the box for a certain speaker. a JL and an alpine 12 are both the same size but yet they both require different sized enclosures. just because the hole fits a speaker doesnt mean its going to sound good.
try to keep this in mind when looking for a speaker/box combo. remember, wrong box equals wrong sound

Well said. Picking the right speaker for the right box is very important. We have limited space under there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2