Unhappy with Upgraded Sound System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

Garrett

Reaction score
I have been messing around with the eq on the fix a lot and it has definitely made an improvement but can never seem to get it perfect. Maybe I’m just stuck in my head but I am considering just getting it tuned professionally with someone who has an RTA. Wondering if this would make a big difference even with the limited adjustments that the FiX offers?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been messing around with the eq on the fix a lot and it has definitely made an improvement but can never seem to get it perfect. Maybe I’m just stuck in my head but I am considering just getting it tuned professionally with someone who has an RTA. Wondering if this would make a big difference even with the limited adjustments that the FiX offers?
you can get true rta and a dayton audio umm6 mic and do it yourself if you want. true rta is a small fee to get 1/3 octave scale but its yours for life. the dayton audio umm6 is a great mic and is $100 or less.

OP
OP
G

Garrett

Reaction score
you can get true rta and a dayton audio umm6 mic and do it yourself if you want. true rta is a small fee to get 1/3 octave scale but its yours for life. the dayton audio umm6 is a great mic and is $100 or less.
Is this a computer app? I will look into it. I have been using a couple RTA phone apps but I am guessing they are not accurate enough to really be much help?

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this a computer app? I will look into it. I have been using a couple RTA phone apps but I am guessing they are not accurate enough to really be much help?
phone apps suck. truerta is great. its a computer program but i dont think its apple friendly. need a pc.

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
feel free to reach out to me and i can help you figre it all out. (831) 254-7562. also, when purchasing truerta you only need the 1/3 octave scale. the 1 octave scale is free, but all the processors out there use 1/3 octave scale so its best to get that. i ended up purchasing the 1/24octave scale. it was $100 but definitely not necessary for your needs.

OP
OP
G

Garrett

Reaction score
feel free to reach out to me and i can help you figre it all out. (831) 254-7562. also, when purchasing truerta you only need the 1/3 octave scale. the 1 octave scale is free, but all the processors out there use 1/3 octave scale so its best to get that. i ended up purchasing the 1/24octave scale. it was $100 but definitely not necessary for your needs.
Ok well I am on trip until next Thursday and don’t have the truck but when I get back I might give u a call thank you. I’ve heard a lot about the program REW. Would this do the same thing?

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok well I am on trip until next Thursday and don’t have the truck but when I get back I might give u a call thank you. I’ve heard a lot about the program REW. Would this do the same thing?
no, its different. room eq wizard gives you all the parameters to enter in once it measures the sound. the truerta is all done manually. you measure the sound and make adjustments on your sound processor as you see fit. while the programs are nice and there are several different available, nothing beats your ear. i prefer not to depend on those programs, however you could use it and fine tune afterwards. but while sound is the same across the board, individual hearing is not. what might sound good to you, could sound like crap to someone else. so its best to listen and adjust accordingly to your specific ear. while i have maintained my hearing and was an sq judge, i have in the past tuned something but the customers ear was different and they had me make changes. dont base your tuning solely on machines or what other people say to do. listen for yourself