Sunroof broke this morning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sunchild714

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine on my '18 broke and is still broken. I'm past warranty but tried to get it replaced anyhow. The sunroof guy they had me take it to told me this happens on F150's a lot because they are plastic and he was gonna replace it with an aluminum rail. Apparently someone is out there making a better rail system. I passed for now since warrant was a no go and it was gonna cost me about $900 (parts & labor).

My pop-up still works. I guess that's a plus

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That sucks! I ordered mine without a pano sunroof, one because when I have sunroof the shade is closed 90% of the time and two I never use then anyway. Also when ordering my 19 I declined the sunroof based on what I had read here on issues with the pano. I now have two cars without a sunroof and I don’t miss it one bit.

It is cool but I was not interested in the issues with it, hope that you are able to get is coved under warranty.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford covered my 18 for dry riot on the weatherstripping for the main sunroof, it is not easy though. They have to submit a claim.

OP
OP
Donmatteo

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That sucks! I ordered mine without a pano sunroof, one because when I have sunroof the shade is closed 90% of the time and two I never use then anyway. Also when ordering my 19 I declined the sunroof based on what I had read here on issues with the pano. I now have two cars without a sunroof and I don’t miss it one bit.

It is cool but I was not interested in the issues with it, hope that you are able to get is coved under warranty.
It’s under warranty still.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ordered my 2013 and 2019 without a sunroof just for this reason. if it does not break during warranty, it will def break out of warranty. My wife's 2018 Lariat has the pano and thank god it still works. Going to trade it for the bronco before it breaks. :)

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Now I’m afraid to open the damn thing. I don’t use it. There’s literally weeks in a year it would be plausible. I hope my seal isn’t stuck to the glass.