Sunroof broke this morning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollofire

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats why you order your truck instead of buying off the lot. My wife has had sunroofs in her Lexus and BMWs and she very rarely even opens them up. I always always order my trucks as I want what I want on them with NO exceptions! Like no sunroofs.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Super glad I bought a SCAB; I’ve got a normal sunroof and it works great.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Super glad I bought a SCAB; I’ve got a normal sunroof and it works great.

I had a Gen 1 SCAB and mine broke at 100 thousand miles, and yours will too.

There is no difference in the sunroof mechanics, they are both cheap plastic.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

No.... You didn’t because it couldn’t break. Anyone who has been on FRF for more than 30 seconds knows that there has never, ever been a Gen1 with a broken part.
Ever. Much less a warranty claim.

<Biden>
Come on, MAN!
</Biden>

:p

IDontDoUrban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used my sunroof all the time when I lived in WA State, and never had problems with it. My first week living in TX I can’t imagine using it. Starting to understand why so many of you order without. I’d love to see a geo distribution of where sunroofs break. Wondering if there’s a correlation between temp & humidity and breakages. Just ordered the lube...thanks for the order info.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

There is no difference in the sunroof mechanics, they are both cheap plastic.
At the rate I put miles on that’s about 40 years from now.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used my sunroof all the time when I lived in WA State, and never had problems with it. My first week living in TX I can’t imagine using it. Starting to understand why so many of you order without. I’d love to see a geo distribution of where sunroofs break. Wondering if there’s a correlation between temp & humidity and breakages. Just ordered the lube...thanks for the order info.
Just to be clear again - you lube the rubber seals around the outside of the glass. You do NOT lube the tracks at all.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just to be clear again - you lube the rubber seals around the outside of the glass. You do NOT lube the tracks at all.

So essentially when the glass closes you will have the grease sandwiched in between the glass and rubber and they won’t stick.

Now the question is how long is too long to have kept the roof closed before even starting this regimen? I imagine different environments have different effects on the seals.