Stupid question. What's in front of my radiator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sfemti33

Reaction score
I'm apparently a newbie when it comes to everything Raptor. I need help identifying a part and its use. I just got my radiator replaced but there is another part with fins like a radiator directly in front and I don't know what it is. I'm not talking about the trans cooler or the intercooler. It looks almost like a secondary radiator that has the same dimensions but is half as thick.I can see right through it and don't see any thing or hoses, at least on top.There is a foam piece that runs the length of it on top. I feel stupid for asking, but wtf is it?

OP
OP
S

sfemti33

Reaction score
Called my buddy who said it sounds similar to an AC condenser or what he used to call a "heat exchanger". That sound right?

OP
OP
S

sfemti33

Reaction score
The intercooler is under the skid plate (or just above is more accurate) way below the bumper with the fans, right ? If so, then no. This almost looks like a thinner secondary radiator without any hoses and the same dimensions, otherwise. I've searched every OEM part for intercooler or oil cooler or radiator and the like and nothing looks like it.

OP
OP
S

sfemti33

Reaction score
Trans cooler.
I see the transcooler, though. It Is in the very front, much smaller, and a bit thicker. It goes radiator, whatever this part is I cant identify that is just as big, the trans cooler, then shutters, then grill.

OP
OP
S

sfemti33

Reaction score
Here's a ****** pic. Arrow is new radiator. Circle is top of whatever my question part is.
20221020_172249.jpg