Stupid Question… maybe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suppose I should have asked this a few days ago. What is the function of the shutters in front of the intercooler(?) and how important is it?
I just installed an ADD Pro Bolt On bumper, sans instructions. I scoured You Tube but didn’t come across an install video. I did find a PDF of instructions for a Gen 3, I have a 2019 Gen 2 base, as such I didn’t have to deal with adaptive cruise control or sensor wires. The intercooler shutter part was sufficiently vague. At any rate I removed it entirely , leaving all the wiring and motor intact and zip tied out of the way.I assume the shutters in front of the engine radiator are there to speed warm up in cold temps. I thought the goal was to get cold dense air for a turbo.Can I expect any issues later ? It seems like there are a lot of those type bumpers around so I guess it can’t be all that important. Just asking.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Yes, shutters are to worm up faster for emissions. Wife's BMW also has it.

I removed mine with the FMIC install. Goose tuned it out.