Stupid question. What's in front of my radiator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The intercooler is under the skid plate (or just above is more accurate) way below the bumper with the fans, right ? If so, then no. This almost looks like a thinner secondary radiator without any hoses and the same dimensions, otherwise. I've searched every OEM part for intercooler or oil cooler or radiator and the like and nothing looks like it.
Yah I don't think the intercooler would be under the skid plate :)

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you say it had nothing hooked to it? No hoses? If so, get rid of it. Just causing air flow restrictions

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
thats not what my AC condenser looks like. That looks like an aftermarket tranny cooler to me.
That is exactly what an A/C condenser looks like.
Did you say it had nothing hooked to it? No hoses? If so, get rid of it. Just causing air flow restrictions
If he does he will soon find out it does have hoses and they are filled with R134A refrigerate

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes. To be fair, I do have an FMIC so I don't get to see that piece anyway so I could be totally wrong :p I do recall it being black and larger (no not the trans cooler).
OP's picture is from the top, pulling the rubber piece from grill to radiator support up/forward. Most likely on the passengers side. I promise you, your condenser looks the same.