Stock Raptor hitch is very weak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK- whatever makes you feel smug and correct. Sure, it's totally a "frame mounted hitch"- that also happens to secure the bedside bottoms, and holds the license plate, and the bumper.

In the world of reality though- a normal truck owner would consider it an integral part of the truck that cannot be removed with leaving your bumper in the garage, nowhere to mount your license plate, and your bedsides flopping around at the bottom.

Perhaps you should do the thinking instead of telling others to think more. Just because the hitch acts as an anchor point to other parts doesn't equate to those parts being the anchor point for the hitch.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That drawtite looks like the Raptor hitch. Tube bolted to frame and a second tube receiver welded underneath it. Yes it is an integral part of truck. Should be weight savings this way

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
One thing is for sure, mounting other things to the hitch frame makes it a lot more difficult to change the angle of the dangle.

OP
OP
R

Ray Knight

Reaction score
The OE hitch is literally no different than mounting a ball on your rear bumper. Its just a reinforced bumper mount with a hitch welded to it. A frame mounted hitch mounts to the inside of the frame much more securely. All i know is my stock hitch is VERY bent! And i was nowhere close to the max capacity.

hitch 2.jpg hitch 2.png hitch.png f036082401.png

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The OE hitch is literally no different than mounting a ball on your rear bumper. Its just a reinforced bumper mount with a hitch welded to it. A frame mounted hitch mounts to the inside of the frame much more securely. All i know is my stock hitch is VERY bent! And i was nowhere close to the max capacity.
]

You keep telling yourself that, whomever believes you I have a bridge and some land to sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Ray, I just went outside and put my phone with angle app on the bottom of the receiver, it is pointed down 3 degrees compared to the top of the center step on the bumper. That may give you a "sort of" baseline to measure yours from if you are interested to see if it's any different.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
To add to that, if it is the same 3 degrees, I can get the angle at the top of the bed or something to give you another reference.