Stinky Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BellHeli407

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I pulled a heavy load approximately 8000 pounds probably a total of 15 miles. I noticed when I got to my destination I could smell something funny. The exhaust smelled weird and no smoke or anything abnormal. Drove again to work this morning and smells still. Curious if any ideas? Maybe the cats or the exhaust got hotter than normal from working hard. Burning off something? Mid 20s outside so not warm out.

Rappie

Reaction score
I had this same experience towing heavy. Mine was the cats heating up because of the upper boost levels with a heavy load. After that happened a couple of times, I turned on the tow/haul button on the shifter and it solved the problem. I guess it remap’s the boost and egt’s for the heavy load. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BellHeli407

BellHeli407

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be truthful I was looking for the button and I was really busy and I thought it was on the shifter and I must have missed it granted it was dark. Thank you! I was thinking it was the cats makes sense