Steering Wheel Red alignment strip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cobradoc

Reaction score
I drive one handed also, but you guys at the 12 o'clock position I'm gonna give you some food for thought. Have you ever seen a airbag go off? You don't want your arm anywhere near it when it does. Might want to think about 8 o'clock.

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drive one handed also, but you guys at the 12 o'clock position I'm gonna give you some food for thought. Have you ever seen a airbag go off? You don't want your arm anywhere near it when it does. Might want to think about 8 o'clock.

Greg, you should warn your sister in law about this. She seems to drive with that right leg a little high on the steering wheel as well. Could be dangerous. :)

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine has worn some too.

I G-ride at 12 o' clock on the street.... but I'm always at 10-and-2 offroad unless I'm shifting gears.

OP
OP

36vegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer said bring it in to photograph it to submit to Ford for warranty?
Will see.............

OP
OP

36vegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Done deal. Ford warranty covered it. Took into the dealer to photograph it came back 3 days later and had a new steering wheel installed. Very happy with Soutars Ford in Barstow, good people no BS.

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Done deal. Ford warranty covered it. Took into the dealer to photograph it came back 3 days later and had a new steering wheel installed. Very happy with Soutars Ford in Barstow, good people no BS.

A whole new steering wheel just because the red strip is worn out? Definitely over- kill on that repair. Another 20K and it will be worn out again. Do you wear a ring on either hand? There are replacement strips available in red and blue.