GEN 2 Steering alignment off or road crown?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

mhermann80

Reaction score
I don’t know how roads are in other states but I’m definitely experiencing the same thing as you are in my ‘19 on California freeways.

With 38 PSI on all four, I notice my steering wheel slightly to the right when in the far left lane on the freeway. On the local streets however, it’s pretty much straight.

I’ve also taken mine in for an alignment around 5k and it was slightly off. Took it again around 8k and the passenger front was off. I had a reputable alignment shop also check it out around the 5k mark and we looked underneath together, inspected all four corners and nothing was bent, leaking, etc.

I feel like something is always going to be off due to machine calibration etc. etc. Never have I had an alignment shop say the car came in perfect. I'm just wondering how I can get it to somewhere so it's not annoying. Does it seem almost like a dead zone, or that your steering wheel isn't centered? Thanks for the reply.

OP
OP
M

mhermann80

Reaction score
Maybe try rotating the tires front to back and adjust pressures, like oldfart said. Perhaps there was some weird tire wear going on the first 2k miles? Also check the pressures with a hand held gauge and make sure one tire isn't low.

Pressures have been checked, but have been considering the tire rotation to see if anything funny is going on there.

Woolaroc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had mine aligned around 5k miles as it was pulling left as well. Worked for a couple hundred and back to pulling left again.

Swimmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My steering wheel was off centered from the factory as well, although the alignment was fine. I had to take it back to Ford 3 times before it was right, they kept over correcting it. Very frustrating. Once they got it fixed, it’s been fine ever since. Our highways in Washington State have a steep crown, but it still tracks normal.

V6Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel like something is always going to be off due to machine calibration etc. etc. Never have I had an alignment shop say the car came in perfect. I'm just wondering how I can get it to somewhere so it's not annoying. Does it seem almost like a dead zone, or that your steering wheel isn't centered? Thanks for the reply.

There should be a way to just adjust the steering wheel if alignment is good.

derise

Reaction score
I notice this on my 2019. Same thing when I had my 2017. Crown on the road definitely effected center line. With the big tires it definitely reads the road. Took it to the dealer for some warranty work and told them to check steering rack etc... they said it was dead nuts. My personal fix is I lower PSI on driver side by 2psi vs driver side.

Fyatrk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got a 4 wheel alignment done after my drivers side coil spring broke on my 17 with 61,000kms on it Has anyone ever heard of these “special performance” (rack and pinion bolts)??
My service advisor told me that the best they can do on the alignment on any F-150 with factory bolts is about 95% alignment that if I wanted it perfect I would need to have these after market bolts installed (for $408 Can out the door installation included - as well as the labor to get it to 100%)
Just curious as I’m thinking of starting a thread on this topic
Thanks in advance

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just got a 4 wheel alignment done after my drivers side coil spring broke on my 17 with 61,000kms on it Has anyone ever heard of these “special performance” (rack and pinion bolts)??
My service advisor told me that the best they can do on the alignment on any F-150 with factory bolts is about 95% alignment that if I wanted it perfect I would need to have these after market bolts installed (for $408 Can out the door installation included - as well as the labor to get it to 100%)
Just curious as I’m thinking of starting a thread on this topic
Thanks in advance
They could be talking about this, which you should get one or similar if you offroad lots.

https://sdhqoffroad.com/products/10-current-ford-raptor-alignment-cam-kit