Starting Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
just use e-15 or if you have the balls e-30
I'd have them put the battery on the tester. then have them check the starter good luck.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
then the injectors are not dirty. maybe try running a tank of premium. Premium with e-10 is good stuff but e-30 is better than regular e-10. I don't know why it just is. IMO Premium with e-10 is the same as e-30.
one thing I just thought of is the flip in the gas fill shutting all the way? Make sure that is clean I don't know if it's on a safety thing or not.

OP
OP
Ambit14

Ambit14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to check the battery and then have my brothers mechanic hook up the scanner to it see if it picks up anything wrong. The flip in the gas fill is a good possibility I'll have to take a look at it.

Jeff Quinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A bit off topic, but what is the reasoning behind the requirement to shut off the engine at the gas station? It is safer to keep it running. While most modern vehicles do not backfire anymore, those that still do will backfire upon shutting off or starting the engine, not while left idling? Just curious as to the thought, if any, behind that law.

Jeff

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
how about a cornbean field? can you back up in one of those.

lol it's the old trucks that had the turn down and when you back up it can force an amber into the straw and start a fire. corn beans are not thick and not wind-rowed so not as likely to happen.

Sooner17

Reaction score
My wife had a similar problem with a 08 outlook she said every time she put gas in it she said it would not start i thought she was crazy, turned out to be a purge solenoid about a 12 dollar part i changed it and it was fine after that except my wife is still crazy.