Starting Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ambit14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have a 2010 and every time I fuel up the truck it seems like it struggles to start up when I go to leave the pump. Every other time I start it, it starts right up with no problems. Any help as to what this might be would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff Quinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Solution: Don't cut off the engine when refueling. I never do, unless i am going to check the oil.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When you say struggles, do you mean extra cranks or hard starting?

If extra cranks I would try the next time to let it idle a few more seconds before turning the key off.
Hard starting only happened to me when the battery was starting to crap out the first six months I owned the truck.

OP
OP
Ambit14

Ambit14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I can tell you its not from overfilling considering it does it regardless of how much I fill it up. We have to shut off vehicles here in New York too. I guess extra cranks would be the way to describe it for the first few seconds then it starts. It just seems like it struggles for a few seconds to actually start and like I said it's only after I put fuel in it which is why I'm a little confused I've never encountered this or even heard of it happening before.