Springs and bumpstops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PA - why didn't you get your first gen nationals replaced when Jarrett offered it up over a year ago?

Yukon Joe
GREAT LAKES RAPTOR EXCURSIONS

I tried to get the gen ones replaced with Jarrett over a year ago and actually several times since then. And I've always been fair about the deal, even offering to pay their price on a new set. We've always agreed to a deal but when it comes time to get the deal done, they dance around or go totally silent. But that's what I've come to expect from rpg when looking at all the other problems I've had with them over the years. It's beyond me why some customers get very good treatment from rpg while others get totally ****** by them on every angle.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well i totally get the salesman BS. Not my bag at all.

I honestly just came here to share my thoughts about deavers vs nationals. I had both also and prefer one over the other mostly based on CS and experience.

good news is i will help you if you want to try an alternative.

Heck i will loan you a set of NEW Deavers and you tell me how they work.

If you like them, awesome. if you don't then at least we tried to fix the problem.

PM me your address and ill get you set up.

Marc

Marc, thank you for the offer. We are going to pass. If I don't like them, I'm out $200 to ship them back to you, and if I do like them, I'd have to pay yeah for them, lol...

I've had some bad national springs in the past, and this was due in part to the RPG -1" design. I'm very happy with my current set up with the HD+3".

The replacements SD springs were sold to member whtrpta about a year ago. I had 14,000 miles on them in four months when I sold them. After hearing MCR's story on the springs, I contacted whtrpta. He said the springs were still holding well. With no issue.

After taking measurements last night, it looks like my HD+3" springs have settled about 2" on the driver side and about 1" on the passenger side. This is with 27K miles in a little under a year. I tow with my truck often (about 25% of my miles) and typically carry a good bit of weight in the bed (approximately 500 lbs). I suspected this would happen and thus why I went with the +3" over stock ride hight. It should also be noted that my truck is a SCREW which is about 500 lbs heavy as compared to the SCAB.

MCR and Huck have SCABs and carry no weight in the bed typically. There is absolutely no reason why their springs would be sacing out. It is disturbing that within a year and low miles national spring will not help them out.

Also another member here, ducatips, had had issues with the national springs. Not sure if he has them worked out yet or not.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Here's the problem with that offer. The Nationals were awesome for the first 6 months. Soft ride, full movement, etc.

I want to know what they're going to do in a year, 2 years, 3 years and you can't get that just borrowing someone's springs.

We need long term feedback from actual customers.

FarFromStock

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know right?

What ****** me off is that I was lead to believe (like Pat said above) that the springs had been reworked since you early guys had sagging problems.

Warning to all: These springs will sag pretty quickly.

I just went out to measure my SCrew sitting on National standard duty springs that have been on 20 months and about 20k miles.

Passenger: 27.25
Driver: 26.25

This was measured with 7/8 tank of fuel and about 150# of cargo in the bed. I've towed a small camper to both TRR (3000 miles R/T) and HITH (2000 miles R/T).

I never thought to take measurements when I first installed them so have nothing to compare. Should I be concerned?

FarFromStock

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't recall having an option. I went with whatever Jarrett recommended for my trailer towing setup. We added an additional set of 4" travel bumps for when I tow.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And those 4" bumps for towing help A LOT! It keeps it from settling all the weight on jus the leaf springs and shocks very smart choice if you're towing a lot like you do joe but I know not everyone wants to change out bumps every time that decide to tow so it could be a pain I'm the ass.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's the problem with that offer. The Nationals were awesome for the first 6 months. Soft ride, full movement, etc.

I want to know what they're going to do in a year, 2 years, 3 years and you can't get that just borrowing someone's springs.

We need long term feedback from actual customers.

I have a feeling the deavers will sag excessively aswell. Maybe if you start with a plus three, after a few years is would be a at factory height and still somewhat acceptable and complient. I'd put the stock springs back in if the two inch blocks didn't cause so much wheel hop. At least the factory ones didn't sac out.

JJ f150harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the factory springs in now and they are sagging. I get that horrible bounce in the rear. Going on 31/2 years with the truck. I tow maybe 5 times a year and carry my ATV in the bed during the summer.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk