Springs and bumpstops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the factory springs in now and they are sagging. I get that horrible bounce in the rear. Going on 31/2 years with the truck. I tow maybe 5 times a year and carry my ATV in the bed during the summer.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
Aren't you in a Harley F150 though? Or did you swap in Raptor leafs?

JJ f150harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same leafs and same problems:(
and I'm glad I'm subscribed since I'm thinking of upgrading.

Last edited:

JJ f150harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahaha yea wayyy better but still 3 sucks.
My 1999 f150 156k miles and still comfy on the stock springs, why are these new trucks and new parts going bad soo fast? Its sad that stuff now isn't made as well as it used to be.

Last edited:

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
so grabbed some measruerment.

2012 Scab 1/4 tank of fuel and no weight in the bed other than the weight of the rollx.

Rear's sat just about 27" from hub center to fender flare.

Started with +3"

I have my bypass fully open and the bump stop hasnt been touched. threw an oring on it to check movement.

CrownOffroad

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling the deavers will sag excessively aswell. Maybe if you start with a plus three, after a few years is would be a at factory height and still somewhat acceptable and complient. I'd put the stock springs back in if the two inch blocks didn't cause so much wheel hop. At least the factory ones didn't sac out.

Don't say that! I just had Deaver +3s installed at TRR! It's hard for me to comprehend that $1000+ heavy duty springs are sacking out at all, let alone in under a year with minimal use. When compared to stock springs, which seem to be fine even after years and tons of miles worth of use, the aftermarket ones appear to be failing at an alarmingly high rate.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't say that! I just had Deaver +3s installed at TRR! It's hard for me to comprehend that $1000+ heavy duty springs are sacking out at all, let alone in under a year with minimal use. When compared to stock springs, which seem to be fine even after years and tons of miles worth of use, the aftermarket ones appear to be failing at an alarmingly high rate.

:hidesbehindsofa: maybe you'll have good luck with them. We pay a bunch for springs. More than most other vehicles it seems.

Btw, did you find your fuel jug hose I borrowed?

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:hidesbehindsofa: maybe you'll have good luck with them. We pay a bunch for springs. More than most other vehicles it seems.

Ya Pirate owning a Raptor is like owing a boat. Just add marine to it and parts or aftermarket stuff 3x the price!!! ha ha ha

CrownOffroad

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Fingers crossed for this "luck" you speak of! And yes I have the fuel hug hose but did manage to lose my gopro... After searching through my truck and stuff I took to Texas, I'm hoping it didn't fall victim to a five finger discount. Reading others posts that this year people were stealing coolers, food/beverages and signs makes me think someone might have grabbed it...