Finished Deaver springs install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

st33zygill

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello, I just had geisers 2.5 springs installed up front along with deavers +3HD in the rears.

My question for those running 37s and deavers in the rear, did you add any additional rear diff fluid?

4C4FA3A6-4AB1-45E6-BC05-ACA0DC5A7CB8.jpegI have the ford performance rear diff cover currently filled up to the lower fill port.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m confused on what the springs have to do with the oil level… but here goes.
I filled mine until oil came out the upper fill port as it was running out the lower port after only 2 quarts. The ole interweb said the proper amount of oil was 2.75 quarts.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I filled mine until oil came out the upper fill port as it was running out the lower port after only 2 quarts. The ole interweb said the proper amount of oil was 2.75 quarts.
You are over filled... seems crazy but it will sap some horse powahs.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When you lift the suspension , pinion angle pivots and the pumpkin tilts, requiring a bit more in theory. The oblique shape of the diff housing causes the oil to settle more towards the sump . The spicer diff cover has provisions for that.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you lift the suspension , pinion angle pivots and the pumpkin tilts, requiring a bit more in theory. The oblique shape of the diff housing causes the oil to settle more towards the sump . The spicer diff cover has provisions for that.
I suppose I knew that. But traditionally I’d be thinking about installing a 3-4 in lift kit on a non Raptor platform. Deaver +3 is basically 1in of lift from stock. Seems there would be a pretty minimal change in oil level.

I see you are the Jeep guy.
I’m sorta looking for a TJ Rubicon, preferably an LJ. I naively thought a few months ago picking up an older Rubicon would be cheap and easy, I know very little about jeeps. Little did I know everyone is looking for a TJ Rubicon LJ. A buddy scored a nice one with lots of nice upgrades and almost no rust.
I’m not spending enough money on 2 Raptors, why not get another money pit!

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I suppose I knew that. But traditionally I’d be thinking about installing a 3-4 in lift kit on a non Raptor platform. Deaver +3 is basically 1in of lift from stock. Seems there would be a pretty minimal change in oil level.

I see you are the Jeep guy.
I’m sorta looking for a TJ Rubicon, preferably an LJ. I naively thought a few months ago picking up an older Rubicon would be cheap and easy, I know very little about jeeps. Little did I know everyone is looking for a TJ Rubicon LJ. A buddy scored a nice one with lots of nice upgrades and almost no rust.
I’m not spending enough money on 2 Raptors, why not get another money pit!
Yea i agree with you both i don't see the need to run extra oil in the pumpkin either with that deaver +3.

Nice dude do it! Everyone wants an LJ because it was the unicorn with long wheel base, 2 door and the 2006 version of the 4.0 which will literally run forever if you change the oil with walmart **** every 3-5k. Lockers fore and aft as well. They are somewhat rare… However require a lot of lift to fit even 35’s. The simplicity of sold front axle is refreshing and superior to Ifs for
Slow and tight trails
As well as super easy to work on yourself. Best to get a big ol fat warn 10k winch and bumper, go till’ you get stuck and winch out. They can be a blast and very handy.

Last edited:

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea i agree with you both i don't see the need to run extra oil in the pumpkin either with that deaver +3.

Nice dude do it! Everyone wants an LJ because it was the unicorn with long wheel base, 2 door and the 2006 version of the 4.0 which will literally run forever if you change the oil with walmart **** every 3-5k. Lockers fore and aft as well. They are somewhat rare… However require a lot of lift to fit even 35’s. The simplicity of sold front axle is refreshing and superior to Ifs for
Slow and tight trails
As well as super easy to work on yourself. Best to get a big ol fat warn 10k winch and bumper, go till’ you get stuck and winch out. They can be a blast and very handy.
As soon as I get hydralic bumps on my Gen 2, I’ll be at the end of my vision for my Raptor. Or at least phase 1. Phase 2( bypass rack, mid travel, glass) is gonna take some time. A TJ will satisfy my modding desire and is less than a modded SXS. I doubt I end up with an LJ but pretty sure I’ll end up with a Rubicon TJ eventually.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As soon as I get hydralic bumps on my Gen 2, I’ll be at the end of my vision for my Raptor. Or at least phase 1. Phase 2( bypass rack, mid travel, glass) is gonna take some time. A TJ will satisfy my modding desire and is less than a modded SXS. I doubt I end up with an LJ but pretty sure I’ll end up with a Rubicon TJ eventually.
I know guys with more $$$ in their SxS than most Raptors.