Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:


  1. Irwin Fletcher

    Irwin Fletcher FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

    Posts:
    22
    Likes Received:
    13
    Joined:
    Jan 13, 2020
    Location:
    Fayetteville Georgia
    Is there a way to set the default mode to Sport?

    Thanks
     
  2. waveslayer

    waveslayer Full Access Member

    Age:
    38
    Posts:
    516
    Likes Received:
    291
    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2018
    Location:
    CA
    No there is not so far

    My wife thinks I only have 3 guns
     
  3. hj_s14

    hj_s14 Full Access Member

    Posts:
    139
    Likes Received:
    67
    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2019
    Location:
    CA
    NOPPPE... I wish it can too
     
  4. Irwin Fletcher

    Irwin Fletcher FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

    Posts:
    22
    Likes Received:
    13
    Joined:
    Jan 13, 2020
    Location:
    Fayetteville Georgia
    Bummer
     
  5. highway420

    highway420 Full Access Member

    Posts:
    143
    Likes Received:
    67
    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2018
    If you have a tune, it's like sport mode all the time...
     
    Irwin Fletcher likes this.
  6. smurfslayer

    smurfslayer Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77

    Posts:
    6,520
    Likes Received:
    4,452
    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2016
    NavTV was messing with it but abandon it for lack of interest and test vehicles. As they explained to me, when they sold their plug in module, it worked about 95% of the time at retaining the last selected drive mode, the other 5% it went to normal.

    if you watch start up closely, it takes about 10 seconds for the truck to be able to respond to drive mode selection. My bet is that there’s a key or action they were keying off of and there is a narrow window to issue a mode update. My guess is that comms latency over the connection isn’t robust enough

    what I would like is mechanical drive mode switch gear. I think it might make hacking this much hated bug easier with a plug-in module.
     
  7. Troutrad

    Troutrad Full Access Member

    Posts:
    288
    Likes Received:
    137
    Joined:
    Jan 24, 2020
    Location:
    Kalispell, MT
    Love my truck but definitely one big complaint is that it won’t stay in the mode you were last driving it in. I live 10-ish miles out a dirt road in northwest Montana and during winter have to switch it into snow/wet mode every time I get in. Agree would be good for it to be able to default to a chosen mode...but I think even better, it should remain in the same mode you left it in when you turned it off. When I get in an older truck which is in 4x4, it stays there til the driver changes it. I have few pet peeves with this otherwise terrific ride, but that’s one of em.
     
  8. Woolaroc

    Woolaroc Full Access Member

    Posts:
    172
    Likes Received:
    45
    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2019
    Location:
    Oklahoma
    So to add to this annoyance when I select a mode that goes to 4A and then restart the car the mode is back to Normal, but still in 4A. I would think it should restart everything, but maybe it can't due to the hubs being locked... IDK.
     
  9. jabroni619

    jabroni619 FRF Addict

    Posts:
    1,636
    Likes Received:
    948
    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2017
    You could set it to 4A. It will retain that setting that way at least you’re still in awd mode even if you forget to select the drive mode.
     
    Troutrad likes this.
  10. GCATX

    GCATX FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

    Posts:
    1,122
    Likes Received:
    880
    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2018
    Location:
    Austin, TX
    Whew, I bet that gets a little old. I am guessing you haul ass until you see someone coming from the other direction, then give the ABS a workout trying to slow down, then wave real nice as you pass. :^)
     
    alphatwox likes this.

Share This Page