South Dakota Buffalo Run Recap, Picture, and Video Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol! See! Shows what I know! I know I'm speaking for all of us when I say that I had fun.
@Jimbo start an interest group thread haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13raptorcrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone just needs to delegate the 'support truck participants' with things that need to be worked on. That way all the work is not done by one individual. It seems we already have a route that was used the previous run. If that route needs to be adjusted based on new regulations or past turn arounds, so be it. At least its a start!!!

So the way I see it, we can obtain the routes from said individuals and get their input since they have been there. They may also have contacts from local authorities because they have already contacted them before. In addition, there is also a local on here that said they could help out with the lay of the land. Not to mention do a pre run or two to figure out what route works and what doesn't.

I know no one likes limits, but due to the circumstances, a limit of 10-15 trucks with 2-3 groups for 2015 may be it. I would not advise or expect fellow Raptor runners from anywhere but the Midwest. This is kinda like starting from fresh.

I can only imagine Snoball started very small and has grown heavily in popularity. I know you need lead and chase trucks... I know I am somewhat of a newbie, but after attending Snoball, there are a few of us 'interested parties' that know what is entailed to be a support truck. If we make a mistake, we are human after all. I will not comment on the oops's that may have occurred during Snoball, but we collaborated and made it work (most times it was better than what was planned!). Thats why we are equipped with radios and we stop frequently for plan changes (and bio breaks).

Since I put in the effort of writing this novel, I am clearly willing to put in the effort for this trip. Due to timing, this will not likely be a spring 2015 trip. If I was to guess, late summer would be it (possibly labor day or other holiday).

I know people plan trips with family during the holidays, but we also have to consider the amount of days off that may need to be taken for those who have that thing called 'a job'.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Someone just needs to delegate the 'support truck participants' with things that need to be worked on. That way all the work is not done by one individual. It seems we already have a route that was used the previous run. If that route needs to be adjusted based on new regulations or past turn arounds, so be it. At least its a start!!!

So the way I see it, we can obtain the routes from said individuals and get their input since they have been there. They may also have contacts from local authorities because they have already contacted them before. In addition, there is also a local on here that said they could help out with the lay of the land. Not to mention do a pre run or two to figure out what route works and what doesn't.

I know no one likes limits, but due to the circumstances, a limit of 10-15 trucks with 2-3 groups for 2015 may be it. I would not advise or expect fellow Raptor runners from anywhere but the Midwest. This is kinda like starting from fresh.

I can only imagine Snoball started very small and has grown heavily in popularity. I know you need lead and chase trucks... I know I am somewhat of a newbie, but after attending Snoball, there are a few of us 'interested parties' that know what is entailed to be a support truck. If we make a mistake, we are human after all. I will not comment on the oops's that may have occurred during Snoball, but we collaborated and made it work (most times it was better than what was planned!). Thats why we are equipped with radios and we stop frequently for plan changes (and bio breaks).

Since I put in the effort of writing this novel, I am clearly willing to put in the effort for this trip. Due to timing, this will not likely be a spring 2015 trip. If I was to guess, late summer would be it (possibly labor day or other holiday).

I know people plan trips with family during the holidays, but we also have to consider the amount of days off that may need to be taken for those who have that thing called 'a job'.

As noted earlier.... Due to legal responsibilities we will not be releasing the original routes to anyone outside of the 3 of us original organizers.

OP
OP
RaptorWifey

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Hah, I thought Arkansas was a disaster. Sdbr went flawlessly, minus me leading roger into a creek and having to winch him out that was our only hickup. Everything else went perfectly

Funny, I thought Arkansas went really well, it was one of my favorite runs with the watering hole and all. I haven't heard anything negative from anyone but you. Just shows how far attitude goes, i guess. Don't bother explaining as I've stopped giving a crap. Either way, keep your opinions to yourself and lets keep anything not related to the original SDBR out of this thread.

D

Deleted member 12951

Following this run, would like to be part of it if everything works out. Please take into consideration the other Raptor events. If this is around September, we have Raptoberfest and followed by Havoc.

Due job requirements, it is difficult to take off multiple times in a given month.