Soon to be owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

domedyou

Reaction score
Hello all. My name is steve. I am in the middle of dealing with sales people on a new 14 black raptor. I've been reading on here for the last few days about some of the problems people have with these trucks. I off road very hard and am nervous about the frame bending. Can you guys give me a quick list on some of the must do mods to keep the truck from having issues?

I'm excited about the truck and I hopes it's the right choice for me.

Thanks everyone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 12951

There was an issue with the rear if you drive beyond the truck limits. Ford did make the rear frame stronger in 2013 I believe, might of been 2012. If you want to protect that more, then a bump stop would be your first mod of many. Several vendors here make them.
SVC
ICON
RPG
OUTLAW
SDHQ

To name a few

tplee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just don't plan to jump ramps, myself. But mine is only five days old now. Maybe give it another week?

OP
OP
D

domedyou

Reaction score
So the bent frame issue is a none issue on 13+ trucks?

SVT_Mayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the bent frame issue is a none issue on 13+ trucks?

Yes, they doubled the frame in the particular bend area but if you plan to do hard off roading bump stop kits are a must. The bumpstop kits provide 2.5" bump stop cans while adding frame support and rigidness to the rear of the truck. Check out Icon, RPG, SVC, Outlaw, or Sdhq for solutions.

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome and congratulations!

I you plan to "off road very hard" I would just plan on doing a bump stop kit. Regardless of what mods you do in the future, the bump stop kit is a solid addtion and good insurance.