GEN 2 Sold my Raptor and couldn’t be happier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dynamike

Reaction score
This post is for anyone who is on the fence. Last week I got rid of my Gen 2. And honestly I couldn’t be happier.

The engine was straight garbage, rebuilt under warranty 3 times. Sounded like shit. My backpack blower sounded better honestly. And when i put an AWE exhaust on it it just sounded like a loud *************. That 10 spd transmission is by far the worst part of the truck. Constantly shifting. Never in the right gear.

Honestly I couldn’t be happier to be in my new 2022 TRX. Its everything the Gen 2 should have been if ford didnt bend to the will of the overlords and put that ***** 3.5 in the gen 2.

If you’re on the fence, ditch your raptor and order a TRX before the order banks close. It literally better in every category. The only thing I miss is the keypad on the door. Maybe the BFGs. Thats it.

So this is just a PSA. Stop lying to yourself about the 3.5 and get a real truck before theyre gone
Glad I have the 5.4 V8 1st Gen with the 6 speed. Never been happier. Btw it also was was Christmas gift 2 years back from my wife of 12 years. ❤️

OP
OP
Vintabu

Vintabu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seriously?? Does anyone actually place any credibility on a guy that was "new to this whole truck game" (his words, not mine) in 2018?

I've been driving trucks for the last 40 years. I've driven Dodges, Toyotas, Ford's, Chevys, Nissans. I wouldn't buy a Ram.
Im speaking with first hand experience with both vehicles. Trying to help anyone who is on the fence.

I never owned a Gen 1 and to me that seems to be a superior vehicle to my Gen 2.

Its you guys who are taking offense to the information I am providing. But in your opinion I need to own a truck for 40 years to be quailfied to speak on the topic of Gen 2 raptor vs TRX. I may be crazy but the Gen 2 was created and first sold in 2017. So there’s only 1 more possibile year of experience I could have to better qualify myself to speak on this topic.

Your 40 years of truck ownership literally mean nothing in this conversation.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Apparently you don’t know how to read. I stated that its better in category every sans the keypad and the tailgate step.

If you would like, I’ll go get my window sticker and I can list every option and go line by line with a specific detail how each item is better than what was on my Gen 2. But im pretty sure that would be very tedious and not very interesting to read.

Im just curious what about anything is misleading, or even exaggerated? Im speaking from first hand personal experience with both vehicles. Probably more qualified to do so than you are to be honest.

You just fall into the category of being upset you have the lesser vehicle. And again its okay to feel inferior. There’s always someone bigger and badder bud.
I called you on your lies and false claims on my previous post. Apparently you are the one who is having reading comprehension issues. Your “first hand experience” is meaningless when it’s a biased rant consisting of exaggerations and straight up lies.

Nobody feels “inferior” because you bought a TRX, you sound like a narcissist. But hey, tell us more about your “3 fully rebuilt engines” you lying sack of crap.

OP
OP
Vintabu

Vintabu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Enough with the exaggeration and straight up lies. You didn’t like the truck, too bad for you. But your engine was not “fully rebuilt” 3 times. Ford does not rebuild engines; if there was a failure, you would have received a replacement engine. So your claims are straight up BS.

Your “honest opinion” doesn’t matter when it’s factually wrong, you have no idea what you’re talking about. The engine isn’t “over-engineered” nor does it “eat itself”, that’s about the dumbest thing I’ve read so far in this troll fest rant of a thread.

The 10 speed has received industry wide acclaim, just because you don’t like it doesn’t make it a bad transmission in any way. Mine shifts smoothly and certainly doesn’t “hunt for gears”, if you had an issue than you should have had addressed under warranty instead of complaining about it online.

TRX is certainly a nice truck. But there’s no reason to come on here and bash Gen 2 and 3 Raptors just because you didn’t like yours.
You’re speaking if a position of zero knowledge of my situation. They replaced every part of the engine sans the small block twice and that was after first replacing the head / head gasket I have the itemized part sheet. The next thing was going to be a new small block.

My opinion on the Gen 2 and Gen 3*, if you wanna call it that, is unwavering. Despite what you exoboost nerds say. Nothjng i say or have said is false. You just can’t handle being told the truth

Gen1 Beast

Reaction score
Im speaking with first hand experience with both vehicles. Trying to help anyone who is on the fence.

I never owned a Gen 1 and to me that seems to be a superior vehicle to my Gen 2.

Its you guys who are taking offense to the information I am providing. But in your opinion I need to own a truck for 40 years to be quailfied to speak on the topic of Gen 2 raptor vs TRX. I may be crazy but the Gen 2 was created and first sold in 2017. So there’s only 1 more possibile year of experience I could have to better qualify myself to speak on this topic.

Your 40 years of truck ownership literally mean nothing in this conversation.
Your 40 years of truck ownership experience literally mean nothing in this conversation.

Says the guy who came to this board in 2018 asking for advice from people with experience. Huh?

OP
OP
Vintabu

Vintabu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called you on your lies and false claims on my previous post. Apparently you are the one who is having reading comprehension issues. Your “first hand experience” is meaningless when it’s a biased rant consisting of exaggerations and straight up lies.

Nobody feels “inferior” because you bought a TRX, you sound like a narcissist. But hey, tell us more about your “3 fully rebuilt engines” you lying sack of crap.
You’re right about the narcissist part. Wrong about everything else.

OP
OP
Vintabu

Vintabu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your 40 years of truck ownership experience literally mean nothing in this conversation.

Says the guy who came to this board in 2018 asking for advice from people with experience. Huh?
Correct. Owning other vehicles for 40 years mean nothing in this conversation about two specific vehicles.

Man you guys are such whiny babys

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will take my awesome gen 3 16 mpg over your 10 and save 200.00 every 1000 miles. Since I trade about every 40k miles I’ll use that 8k dollars in savings for a new one. Also, I won’t have the price depreciation the Fiat will do I will have a way lower cost of ownership and the ladies at Starbucks will not think I am over compensating for a small ******.