Software Updates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I should have clarified I meant LKA. It's struggling super hard on roads with clearly marked lanes in broad daylight. It's basically unusable everywhere other than completely straight freeways right now.

Whatever they changed in the last update has made it downright dangerous to use. It regularly steers me into and over solid white lines into the shoulder.
Do you know the update number? There are one or two PU updates or service updates that updated that particular module but I believe it was more for Bluecruise capable trucks. There also is mention of enabling the eye sensors for regular adaptive cruise (which I think is already enabled in 2022+) - I thought this was weird as 800a trucks lack eye sensors yet have the same adaptive cruise.

Wouldn’t hurt to clean the sensors and see if there is improvement. Or see if your settings changed for lane keep (dash icon is the circle now instead of the solid lines on the side or vice versa).

DougDimmadome

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know the update number? There are one or two PU updates or service updates that updated that particular module but I believe it was more for Bluecruise capable trucks. There also is mention of enabling the eye sensors for regular adaptive cruise (which I think is already enabled in 2022+) - I thought this was weird as 800a trucks lack eye sensors yet have the same adaptive cruise.

Wouldn’t hurt to clean the sensors and see if there is improvement. Or see if your settings changed for lane keep (dash icon is the circle now instead of the solid lines on the side or vice versa).
No eye sensors at all in my 23 and my ACC/LKA work fine

engineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I installed one that had been queued for about a month, then a week later it installed 3.5.4 -- both are bad.

Confirmed that LKA is active (have toggled it on and off a few times to try to fix it) and that the eye sensors are clean. What's strange is that as it steers me over boundaries it doesn't even seem to care or deactivate itself like previous versions did.

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed one that had been queued for about a month, then a week later it installed 3.5.4 -- both are bad.

Confirmed that LKA is active (have toggled it on and off a few times to try to fix it) and that the eye sensors are clean. What's strange is that as it steers me over boundaries it doesn't even seem to care or deactivate itself like previous versions did.
I meant the sensors on the outside (upper windshield), but sounds like yours needs calibration.

I’m not by my truck or I could explain it better / use the right terms but my settings did reset once which I think put active drive back on (similar to lane centering when using adaptive cruise). I prefer the lane keep with aid - where it sort of steers but is less intrusive. If you just had that on I could see what you are explaining.

engineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I meant the sensors on the outside (upper windshield), but sounds like yours needs calibration.

I’m not by my truck or I could explain it better / use the right terms but my settings did reset once which I think put active drive back on (similar to lane centering when using adaptive cruise). I prefer the lane keep with aid - where it sort of steers but is less intrusive. If you just had that on I could see what you are explaining.
Ah gotcha. Road trip means that sensor has been getting cleaned pretty regularly because of bugs.

I have the full blown TACC + LKA setup going, which 3 versions ago worked quite well and oftentimes better than my wife's Model 3.

flockofraptors

Reaction score
Ah gotcha. Road trip means that sensor has been getting cleaned pretty regularly because of bugs.

I have the full blown TACC + LKA setup going, which 3 versions ago worked quite well and oftentimes better than my wife's Model 3.

If it's really that unstable, take a video of it happening and visit the dealer. That should get their attention quick.

Luchh224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For anyone that hasn't been updated to the latest version: do not be sad.

Fullscreen Apple CarPlay is great, but they made changes to the lane keep that makes it unbearable. The base lane keep assist (without cruise control) is way too aggressive by default. When you enable cruise control, the lane keep assist is somehow worse and now the steering wheel nag comes in super quick even when my hands are on the wheel.

Pretty unhappy with this update.
What do you mean by full screen Apple car play? Like….the bottom buttons disappearing as well? Where you can select like, settings or whatever else you set it to? As far as I know I have had full screen car play since I got mine in January but now I’m curious…..

engineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by full screen Apple car play? Like….the bottom buttons disappearing as well? Where you can select like, settings or whatever else you set it to? As far as I know I have had full screen car play since I got mine in January but now I’m curious…..
Bottom buttons are still there, but instead of having CarPlay with the window to the right that shows various things you can expand CarPlay all the way to the right.

Luchh224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bottom buttons are still there, but instead of having CarPlay with the window to the right that shows various things you can expand CarPlay all the way to the right.
Was this something new to a lot of people? I was able to do that when I bought it. Strange. Was it a pre-2023 GEN 3 thing?

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Was this something new to a lot of people? I was able to do that when I bought it. Strange. Was it a pre-2023 GEN 3 thing?
Yes. Alot of trucks had to get updated to the current Sync OS that the 23s are running. We originally didnt have full screen carplay.