SoCal Buyers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
svt1998gt

svt1998gt

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bought my new 2019 screw 802a from Klaben Ford in Ohio right before the Rona kicked up. $9500 off MSRP. I had it shipped to northern California for $1500. Dealers in my area were still wanted well over MSRP. Team Ford in Las Vegas was offering about $4500 off MSRP at the time, which from a regional perspective I thought was quite fair. But Vegas is 10 hours from me and Klaben was $9500 off so I went that route and it went pretty smoothly.

Hi who did you work with, can you PM their information to me?

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What is the option you wouldn’t order again?

Tailgate step. Probably the most popular option around here. Funny. I wouldn't order the spray-in bedliner because I prefer a Bedrug, but at least it was a dealer-installed option so the quality is good and I got more than half of it back by buying the Bedmat instead of the full on Bedrug. I would order the remote start again. It will be nice in the winter and it's cheap. I guess I'm getting old. The white has grown on me and I'm liking it. I originally wanted Leadfoot, but now I'm glad I got white. If I was ordering, I'd get the Rapid Red, but those were really scarce on the ground. The Torsen I would definitely order again. And the 801a package. BLIS and cross-traffic detection are really nice to have and the heated seats were mandatory. If I was buying off the lot, I'd be OK with 802a and out, but it's a lot of money for mostly less useful stuff that increases the chance that something will fail.

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As a SoCal buyer, and a 4 time buyer at my dealership (Galpin) I special ordered my 2019 at the end of 2018. I had to wait a few months for my truck, but got exactly what I wanted at MSRP, at the height of the markup timeframe. When I first went in, my salesman from my last purchase had moved on, and of course the “senior salesman” they set me up with started with a $25k markup and said maybe he could get it down to $5k-$10k. Literally told him to get lost and that i wasn’t going to pay any markup. Went straight to Sales Manager, who all he did was look up my prior purchases and then agreed to MSRP on a special order. Once I got my new salesperson to work with, things went smoothly. I have since referred him two additional buyers who also were given MSRP deals. If interested, PM me for intro.
I would NEVER buy from Galpin Ford, they are as unreasonable as a dealer has ever been. They say they are the largest Ford dealer in the world, I could care less. They wouldn't budge from $20K ADM. Suckers are born every minute.
Glad you got the deal you got. I suspect salesmen come and go a bunch there.

Reaction score
I just asked some SoCal dealers for their best price on a blue 802a. Most won't give me any numbers. One said their best was MSRP + Taxes + Fees making it $86,000. I believe that means there are $10K in fees.

Gibsonm21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just seeing this thread, but l bought a New 19 Ruby Red 802A SCREW from Crain Ford in Little Rock a week ago at a nice list price (67K/wouldn't budge). I did the entire deal over text while at work, and by time I got home they were sending me the paperwork.

Shipping however has been hell for both the dealer and myself. Brokers either can't find a driver or the rig isn't wide enough, so I just booked an impromptu 1600mi road trip to bring my baby home. At least she'll be broken in by time we make it back!

Last edited:

Gibsonm21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing to think about is to my understanding all Raptors are 50 state. Just because it is not on the window sticker does not mean it is not 50 State. The sticker under the hood of everyone I have looked at from out of state says CA compliant.

There's some 49ers out there. I had a deal on a New 19 RR at Phil Long in Denver, but had to back out because it was a 49 state truck.

Reaction score
I'm just seeing this thread, but l bought a New 19 Ruby Red 802A SCREW from Crain Ford in Little Rock a week ago at a nice list price (67K/wouldn't budge). I did the entire deal over text while at work, and by time I got home they were sending me the paperwork.

Shipping however has been hell for both the dealer and myself. Brokers either can't find a driver or the rig isn't wide enough, so I just booked an impromptu 1600mi road trip to bring my baby home. At least she'll be broken in by time we make it back!

How did you find it? Did you just search ford's inventory in each state?