So, what is the fast speed you've done in your Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

farman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
115 with 5 star tune airaid intake and mbrp cat back.the truck gets to 100 fast but doesnt have much after that, took forever to get 15 mph more.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Trophy Trucks have 800hp, 36" of travel and are not street legal. Comparing a trophy truck to a Raptor is like comparing a Nascar to a Honda. Out little Raptors have 9" of travel and 400hp. I'm sure someone with technical understanding of could explain this better, but once a brick reaches a certain point of speed, it takes exponentially more HP to achieve each additional mph. Think of it like this. A Ford GT can reach 200mph fairly easily with around 500hp. While the new Shelby GT500 can reach 200mph with 800hp. Why? The Shelby is still a Mustang and as aerodynamic as a brick.

Snake, I understand all of that, very familiar with aerodynamics and the need for gobs of HP to overcome drag coefficients (i've followed a number of landspeed projects for hobby sake). I'm not comparing the raptor to a trophy truck at all. What I am saying is that with the existence of trophy trucks, I would assume there would be tires with higher speed ratings than 127MPH. As I said I know nothing about trophy trucks, so I don't know what max capabilities are, just making assumptions.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Snake, I understand all of that, very familiar with aerodynamics and the need for gobs of HP to overcome drag coefficients (i've followed a number of landspeed projects for hobby sake). I'm not comparing the raptor to a trophy truck at all. What I am saying is that with the existence of trophy trucks, I would assume there would be tires with higher speed ratings than 127MPH. As I said I know nothing about trophy trucks, so I don't know what max capabilities are, just making assumptions.

There are tires rated higher than 127mph but they are "not for highway use" and generally not available to the public..

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are tires rated higher than 127mph but they are "not for highway use" and generally not available to the public..

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

Got it, thanks! I'll never need them, just wanted to put the knowledge in my cranium.

firematt422

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will probably never go faster than 100mph.

I just came here to share that tonight after throwing on my 5 star 91 performance tune, I managed a second gear scratch off the light. Pretty impressive IMO for a 6000lb hog with 35" tires, and 300lbs in the bed.

I would not recommend doing this without upgraded leaf springs... I did once. This happened:
Shafted.jpg