So, I was looking for the cooled seat filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2018 seats suck and not blow. Your button on the dash also no longer says “ac” and just has a fan. The 2015-2017 had issues with the “ted” unit.The unit would create hot spots in the seat. Rather than fixing it they ditched it an removed the unit and now just has fans that suck air from the seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Mies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2018 seats suck and not blow. Your button on the dash also no longer says “ac” and just has a fan. The 2015-2017 had issues with the “ted” unit.The unit would create hot spots in the seat. Rather than fixing it they ditched it an removed the unit and now just has fans that suck air from the seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As stated in another thread, that change was made mid model year, so early 2018s have cooled seats.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
As stated in another thread, that change was made mid model year, so early 2018s have cooled seats.

mine doesn't. I bought my 18 in Sept of 17 while the 17s that were on lots had to sit until the seatbelt mounts were fixed under recall. just has the fans.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Talk about decontenting. So how do they do heated seats in the 18+ trucks? With a heating pad that's ventilated I guess? My '13 feels like you are sitting on ice after a while on full blast.

So sad to see them take the easy way out. "Well, the new A/C seat design is crap- we should fix it for next year. Nah **** it, let's just take it all out and put in something even less effective."

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Wife's '18 Escalade has the same fan set up, sucks through the seats. She came home yesterday and said it didn't seem like it was working. Well, it's certainly blowing air below the seat, but doesn't even seem to work as well as mine, which has become marginal, though I can certainly tell the difference from it being on and off.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I had a 2018 built august 2017 that had fans and not the AC. So i'm going off of what i know and not something that was stated in another thread i don't recall even reading

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best thing about these seats is how fast you can share a fart!
I've never had such divided emotions about a feature on my truck until now. The so called 'cooled' seats just suck air... a little misleading ffs. But as fart suckers/sharers, basically epic.