So, I was looking for the cooled seat filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BDF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 18 Screw has 31k on it, figured I'd check the filters.

Looked on google, told of find white round filters. Nope. No filters.

I think I found the fans, but there is a vent blowing air out? Wtf! Doing same on both sides, my seats cool, more or less, not gonna blow your skirt up or anything.

Anyone know what the deal is?

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I had to re-read your post several times, but I think you want to know how to get the seats to flow better. Correct?

No idea, but I have noticed mine don't seem to work as well as when it was new. Curious if there any maintenance needed. I will be following this post.

Reaction score
I seem to remember my previous trucks having a white filter of some sort (piece of foam) but I believe they have found those to be useless/restrictive and discontinued use in the newer models.

The way I understand the seat cooling system is that the seat has a fan located under it to blow air through the bottom and back cushions using a duct system and perforations in the foam/leather. The system does not have an independent cooling device, that’s the reason there is a small elongated pipe blowing cold air onto the floor under the seat. The pipe blows out the cold air and the fan sucks it upward and into the seat.

The reason we feel it works better when it is new is because the perforations in the material are new and therefore not restricted. As we drive our trucks the perforations get closed/clogged through time and may not move the air through as well as they did in the beginning.

Just my two cents on the subject. Hope it helps.

0D85C574-B88B-4E15-BD65-194C2C256F57.jpeg

OP
OP
B

BDF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for any confusion, yes my old navigator has a foam filter, my infinitis did too.

The main question, is why does the fan have a vent and blow out under the seat? This is gen 2, go check your out, pretty bizarre

SD64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The main question, is why does the fan have a vent and blow out under the seat?

Are you are talking about the side vent located on the fan under your seat? That vent is there because your ventilated seats suck air through the seat instead of blowing it.

Turn your seats on high and put a tissue on the seat. It will suck the tissue flat then it will fall off when you turn the seat off.

Not sure but I think ford changed from a “cooled” seat to a “ventilated” seat in 2018? I do know that the seats in my 2015 platinum blew cold air. My 2019 raptor sucks air through the seat.

OP
OP
B

BDF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heh, that's nuts, wonder what happens if you reverse the polarity on the fans

Guess I'll get the shop vac and see if I clear the vents, surely they get clogged as I sit and live on them

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
the filter/mesh is stitched into the seat foam. It is also in the middle of the "cylinder" that the fan sits in.

Funny enough, that filter is also post-fan. (as in closest to your butt)

I am on my third seat cover and 2nd bottom foam. The leather is super thin and the foam didn't seem to like the hard dirt miles. Interestingly enough, the actual foam material on the second cushion is different. Not sure what prompted a material change, but the cell structure is even different.

for reference, I have an 18.