Snow tires???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been covered before, but I'm looking for some ideas regarding snow tires for my Rap... We're having a crap winter of really wet snow on top of frozen road... My stockers aren't cutting it, leaving me underwhelmed...

Any advice for a better option???
Also, gives me an excuse for a wheel purchase as well...

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Goodyear Duratracs are the best offroad snowtires..

629c7f89-d6a3-5ef2.jpg

-Greg

OP
OP
Viper

Viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick replies!!!

What do you think on sizing? Tall/narrow or standard???

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Goodyear Duratracs are the best offroad snowtires..

629c7f89-d6a3-5ef2.jpg

-Greg

I second this. I have them on my Ram (disappearing soon and turning into a 2012 Raptor) and they have made a world of difference in the snow. I live in Denver, so I am no stranger to the white stuff.

I plan on putting Duratracs on my Raptor once I burn up the stockers. :driver:

Banned
Reaction score
Duratracs are a great choice.
Another very good choice is the toyo open country m/t's

Guys around here run em both and love em in the deep snow we normally get

-Sent from my iPhone

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
are those duratrac's still all season tires? or are they winter only tires? There is a big difference between just having a tread that will chug through deep snow, and soft rubber that has siping that will perform excently in ice as well.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
are those duratrac's still all season tires? or are they winter only tires? There is a big difference between just having a tread that will chug through deep snow, and soft rubber that has siping that will perform excently in ice as well.

I used them all season with no issues.. They are so good in my opinion I have a set ordered for my 2012, which is not supposed to be here for awhile.. They are quieter than mtr's but still self clean. Which is perfect for Missouri clay. Have heard issue with digging in sand, since there is not a lot of sand around here, that's okay.

-Greg

OP
OP
Viper

Viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score

After Greg's reply, spent some time reading about them and from what I can gather the duratracs are "real soft and made for colder climates". Also it seems that they wear pretty fast if used when hot...

They sound like they will work pretty well for winter tires... Just have to figure out size...

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After Greg's reply, spent some time reading about them and from what I can gather the duratracs are "real soft and made for colder climates". Also it seems that they wear pretty fast if used when hot...

They sound like they will work pretty well for winter tires... Just have to figure out size...

Stock 17" wheels 315/70r17
18" wheels 325/65r18

-Greg