Skyl3r's Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
skyl3r

skyl3r

Maniac
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Skyl3r dose it realy not work? And if not have you tryed holding the traction control button?

Also are you saying if you hold your foot in it at wot you'd blow up your engine?
No, I never said I would blow my engine. But when the off road mode, WOT seems very boggy. That was my point. I haven't tried my off road tune that Jon Lund wrote.

ironside

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No, I never said I would blow my engine. But when the off road mode, WOT seems very boggy. That was my point. I haven't tried my off road tune that Jon Lund wrote.
If I remember right in off road mode the throttle is more linear. so if you tap the pedal it doesn't go wot like the non off road mode maps do. I believe it was to help when off roading at slower speeds. Trust me you get wot in off road mode cause I was bouncing off the rev limiter a few times the weekend at ARDD

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought off road mode keeped you in a higher rev what am I saying it dose. It dose take some getting use to. I think what happens is it also stays in the same gear longer so if your in 3rd that is what's going on but it will also keep you in 2nd longer befor the shift if your romping on it. I really didn't mean anything by my comment other than it is possible. Try a take off and see for your self it's fun. Or is it becose it takes all or most of the guess work out of driving. Do a lap in orm next time you get a chance and let me know what you think.

OP
OP
skyl3r

skyl3r

Maniac
FRF Lady
Reaction score
If I remember right in off road mode the throttle is more linear. so if you tap the pedal it doesn't go wot like the non off road mode maps do. I believe it was to help when off roading at slower speeds. Trust me you get wot in off road mode cause I was bouncing off the rev limiter a few times the weekend at ARDD

Thank you @ironside well said!! And yes, I think that is the point of the off-road mode, I totally agree! Miss you!!! And will miss you at Raptoberfest!!!

So my point is when you are drifting, or rallyx...which I realize my truck is not intended for. You are putting the truck in gear (i was using second on that track), applying WOT and then steering the truck with left-foot braking. So I need a very responsive pedal. That lag or boggy feeling is not good when you are depending on it picking the nose of the truck up and getting you out of a corner.

Last edited: