Sirius sounds like dookey

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nsdq3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully it is not just my truck, or maybe it's just me, but Sirius sounds horrible in the raptor. It sound slightly slow, like the music isn't playing at the right speed (I know it's not a record!), and slightly robotic. On some songs you can't even distinguish the instruments. I que'd up my IPOD with the same song right after it ended on Sirius and the there was a huge difference in the quality.

My other vehicles with Sirius / XM don't sound this bad.

Anyone else and is there a fix

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Sirius in multiple vehicles and they all seem normal. As already suggested would have a new signal sent and maybe a master reset first. If not, then maybe a hardware issue.

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never had a problem. I would suggest what others said and request a refreshed signal. Maybe an audio shop may know what's going on..

Stepside

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you in the country? Do you have a good shot to the "bird in the sky"?
---------> :hmm: or
maybe you should Seriously think about a new Sirius box. :shrug:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
never heard of bad sound quality unless the antenna was mounted in a bad spot. since its the oem antenna, i dont think it should sound any different than the rest of ours. check with ford as well, if you cant get sirius to help make it work properly

cheesehead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe this is why.... one of many reasons, I can't stand Sirius

FM radio = potential 720 kbps equivalent, depending on source and signal
Pandora One = 192 kbps
Pandora Free = 128 kbps
Live365 = up to 128 kbps, averages 32 kbps over 3G data
MP3 = most people use 128 or 196 kbps, but obviously, it can go higher or lower

Sirius XM = variable bitrate between 4-64 kbps. Before the merge Sirius was using a 34 kbps constant bitrate.

Most FM stations, satellites and music services use digital files ripped in the 320-384 range as their source.