Silver spark plugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
Research is your friend. Enjoy your boost.

Attachments

• 8779EF62-A1D9-4D78-AA99-819EC94B81E0.jpeg
    8779EF62-A1D9-4D78-AA99-819EC94B81E0.jpeg
    60 KB · Views: 126
OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok back on topic.

Brisk offers

Brisk Silver Racing RR14YS

This is one heat range colder than stock and is in fact a silver plug. It will have a great propensity to dissipate heat and reduce knock.

Me thinks if you can decrease knock with the plugs.... the knock sensor is going to allow the truck to run a little hotter on the timing.

Me then thinks you’ll have a little more horsepower for play.

I may have to experiment.

11 bucks a plug.

Sasquatch78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you research the ecoboost before buying? Do you even understand how it works? Honest questions here.
When I bought my SVT Raptor, I made the choice because I didn’t want to fight through the ecoboost headaches. Sadly, you all are discussing all of the reasons I chose not to buy an ecoboost.

If it is a day that ends with the letter "y", then MGD is lying.

To all the Ford Raptor Forum users, I apologize that this pathetic ******* MGD abused the sasquatch user name before being banned.

As others have figured out, MGD does not own a car or truck, he's not old enough. He doesn't even have hot wheels version of a Raptor.

He is a failure at school, a failure on the internet and a failure in life.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Ok back on topic.

Brisk offers

Brisk Silver Racing RR14YS

This is one heat range colder than stock and is in fact a silver plug. It will have a great propensity to dissipate heat and reduce knock.

Me thinks if you can decrease knock with the plugs.... the knock sensor is going to allow the truck to run a little hotter on the timing.

Me then thinks you’ll have a little more horsepower for play.

I may have to experiment.

11 bucks a plug.

this is a little intriguing. My ZX14 uses iridium plugs with a change interval of 7500 miles. It’s n/a but very high compression.

At first, I thought it was a misprint but nope. I swapped them at 7500, no small feat because there’s only about 3 inches clearance between the top of the engine and the frame. Surely, some svelte, petite female kawasaki factory work could get her tiny hand in there, but for average and above US humans, not so much. They include a special tool to accomplish this feat.

To my surprise, the new plugs immediately made a noticeable performance difference, and 2 mpg better across the next several tanks.

If the iridiums are durable, how much durability would we give up by going to copper or Silver here? And then, of course, how much do tuned trucks give up?

I think you’re going to have to take one for the team, Guy...

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Per Brisk

They last 15-20k miles in a tuned application.

That’s a bit of a pain in the neck. That’s new plugs every year though I guess if I break it down.

I may give the silvers a go.

this is a little intriguing. My ZX14 uses iridium plugs with a change interval of 7500 miles. It’s n/a but very high compression.

At first, I thought it was a misprint but nope. I swapped them at 7500, no small feat because there’s only about 3 inches clearance between the top of the engine and the frame. Surely, some svelte, petite female kawasaki factory work could get her tiny hand in there, but for average and above US humans, not so much. They include a special tool to accomplish this feat.

To my surprise, the new plugs immediately made a noticeable performance difference, and 2 mpg better across the next several tanks.

If the iridiums are durable, how much durability would we give up by going to copper or Silver here? And then, of course, how much do tuned trucks give up?

I think you’re going to have to take one for the team, Guy...

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may want to upgrade the whole spark side of things, uprated coils and thicker plug wires. Made a good difference on my prior turbo car

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
Per Brisk

They last 15-20k miles in a tuned application.

That’s a bit of a pain in the neck. That’s new plugs every year though I guess if I break it down.

I may give the silvers a go.

Any which way you go, spark plugs on an ecoboost regardless of tune need changed at least every 30k miles.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Upgraded coils and Brisk plugs. Jesus, it's like reliving 2004 again, except it's guys with 2017-18 Raptors instead of guys with 2003-04 Cobras.

Stick with the OEM coils and OEM style fine wire iridium plugs. Gap it down if you crank up the boost and are getting misfires. Worst case, you can stick a boost-a-spark on there if you still get misfires, but you are going to need bigger turbos before that becomes an issue. If you really want to get serious about spark, nothing from Accel is going to help. Some of the GM coils or Mercury marine coils are the only real upgrades to be had.

Sasquatch78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any which way you go, spark plugs on an ecoboost regardless of tune need changed at least every 30k miles.

Says the 14 year old with failing grades in English, Math and History. Too bad you don't apply yourself in school, or you might have a chance to be successful in life and one day own a Ford. Sadly for everyone here, you are too fixated on being a deadbeat, soon to be prison bitch.

You will like what your options, and your cell mate will help redefine your weep hole.