Should this be done?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dprdmd

Reaction score
I have a 2020 SCREW with 25,000 miles. I have the Ford ESP and maintenance plan.
I went to the dealer today for my prepaid service.
They recommended annual/15,000 mile (they said it has never been done on my truck) HVAC system service for $169.99.
At the next visit (30,000 miles) they recommend fuel injection service at $199 and air intake induction service for $199.
Assuming that I will not do these myself, are they things that should be done to maintain the truck in good working order or is this some dealer made up b.s.?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't let them touch your hvac system, if they put gauges on there, you will lose a bit of refrigerant. If you need to, you can change your cabin air filter yourself, theres no other maintenance needed on a modern vehicle other than keep the condenser and rad clean. SCAM!

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd consider an induction service on the eco... Known for carbon buildup.
Gen 2 EcoBoost is dual injection. Carbon buildup on valves typically affects DI-only engines that are run on low quality fuel.

As others mentioned, none of those services are recommended in the owners manual. They’re service department upsells.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc