Should I pay 15k over for a 2022 37package?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The anti-adm crowd dream about riding unicorns and taking make believe supermodel girlfriends to the fast food drivethrough in a msrp raptor. Ain't gonna happen any time soon. I am in this group myself apparently. I will drive my poverty Gen 2 for a while longer it seems.

It ain't gonna happen because you can't ride a unicorn and drive a raptor at the same time.

We are in the Brandon economy. If you think you can predict what what they will do next, you're a fool. If anyone thinks prices will somehow normalize any time soon, please enlighten me. We all knew inflation was coming when the were stroking $5-6 trillion worth of checks to everyone for nothing more than the ability to breath or have kids, if you own a business you got even more.

If you're a tax paying individual or business, these government checks is just giving the money they stole back to you.

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it boils down to "just how many new raptors are out there". From what I have see in the pacific north west. Darn few. Calling around to dealers in my region for several months pretty much resulted in the same remark "we have one coming if you would like to put a deposit on it". Raptors will always be "limited production". They are not cranked out like the rest of the generic F series trucks. Yes, I paid adm but I also actually HAVE a raptor and am very happy with it. Unlike my sister, I don't trade my rigs in like changing underwear. I still own and drive my 91 F150 and after what I did to the engine years back, it is still a blast to drive. I don't see myself selling my raptor .....well, probably never!

2022 Ruth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ADM and mods are not at all equivalent. I get enjoyment out of the mods I've done. I can sell the parts I took off or the mod when I'm done with it. And I try and buy from our small vendors, who earn my business. I like the idea of money going to them rather than a big dealership, who actually provide value rather than leverage limited supply.

And mods actually save me money, personally, because the help kill my desire to get a new truck. One way is that I want to keep my truck longer to get my money's worth for a mod, and the second is that the new truck features can be often be replicated with a mod.

Your are absolutely right, it will be worth it to some people. If getting a truck you really want that is 15K over MSRP and is in limited supply that may be worth it to some.

Some people think spending additional money on OEM options like a sunroof, tail gate step, massaging seats is worth it to them. Not to me. It’s an individual thing, obviously.

Some people buy brand new trucks and rip off the perfectly good tires, wheels, exhaust :) only to put on something different.

It’s your money, spend it how you want!

zapp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because the TRX has done exactly that, right?

The Raptor R, were it to be produced, which is in significant doubt, would eat into TRX sales more than it would the Jen Tres V6TT sales.

I honestly couldn’t believe the pricing on the ‘21s given the TRX and honestly I’m surprised at the demand but, I do understand it.

Raptor V6 vs. TRX isn't the same thing as Raptor V6 vs. Raptor R

A Raptor is still a Raptor and Ford goes over RAM for many anyway.. That's why the TRX didn't get more buyers from the Raptor camp.
Way different story with the Raptor R.
1) People want that V8 since forever
2) It's the new top end model and Ford marketing will make sure everyone knows about it
3) It might even be the last hurray of that ICE era

The Raptor R will get a lot of attention and if Ford keeps the production numbers for the Raptor V6 stable, the prices for those will get slightly better.. By then, we'll also approach the 3rd model year for the Gen3 Raptor in general.. In general: Not expecting major price drops, but the justification for those high markups and according resale values will suffer..

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol, who ask if they should spend 15,000 extra?

I read the question and just shook my head.

COLORAP303

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just like anything in this world, what is it worth to you? My raptor is cool, but didn’t change my life. But neither would $15,000. If $15 changes your life, then you should probably focus on something else that will bring you stability and security. Anyone who thinks adm and inflation are going away anytime soon is kidding themselves. Would the money you would spend on a raptor be better served being saved so you don’t have to stress as much about inflation on necessities? You have to be the judge of that for yourself but driving a large, gas sucking machine that is fun to mod (expensive) isn’t as amazing as you think. Once again, like my truck, but I wouldn’t be less happy in something less. But proceeds of selling my truck wouldn’t change my life either.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
Do you guys think that a 37 raptor MSRP 83k plus 15k ADM would be hard to resell in the future? Would I lose a lot of money?

I have never paid for a mark up hefore but this is a fully loaded 22 with 37’s on it. So I am highly considering it.

I’d love to hear your thoughts!
$15,000 ADM? Reminds me of a saying about a fool and his money being separated quickly (or something along those lines).

3Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're a tax paying individual or business, these government checks is just giving the money they stole back to you.

Not quite. Half the adult population in the US pays no income tax - none. So taxpayers are getting a little of their own money back, and also supporting free money to those that paid nothing.

To the OP. Did you try negotiating the ADM, say in half? Or just assume they wouldn't move off of 15k?

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Not quite. Half the adult population in the US pays no income tax - none. So taxpayers are getting a little of their own money back, and also supporting free money to those that paid nothing.

To the OP. Did you try negotiating the ADM, say in half? Or just assume they wouldn't move off of 15k?

Doing a ppp "loan" was just self defense in this day and age. Middle class be damned, for sure!