Should I pay 15k over for a 2022 37package?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I paid 10 over for my 21 LFG 35 in September and I have another 12 into it and no regrets. There's plenty of people that think it's crazy to pay this much for a truck in the first place. The 8k miles I have on it have been very entertaining. I say spend money on things that make you happy and don't worry about people that have a problem with it. Enjoy life! Get it asap!

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just like anything in this world, what is it worth to you? My raptor is cool, but didn’t change my life. But neither would $15,000. If $15 changes your life, then you should probably focus on something else that will bring you stability and security. Anyone who thinks adm and inflation are going away anytime soon is kidding themselves. Would the money you would spend on a raptor be better served being saved so you don’t have to stress as much about inflation on necessities? You have to be the judge of that for yourself but driving a large, gas sucking machine that is fun to mod (expensive) isn’t as amazing as you think. Once again, like my truck, but I wouldn’t be less happy in something less. But proceeds of selling my truck wouldn’t change my life either.

15K changed my life. I bought a ring, got married, had a child and another one on the way. I seem to have less money but it all started with 15K:Big Laugh:

COLORAP303

Full Access Member
Reaction score
15K changed my life. I bought a ring, got married, had a child and another one on the way. I seem to have less money but it all started with 15K:Big Laugh:
Well that is a great example of $15k changing your life! Bet you don’t wish you would have spent it on vehicles instead!

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not quite. Half the adult population in the US pays no income tax - none. So taxpayers are getting a little of their own money back, and also supporting free money to those that paid nothing.

To the OP. Did you try negotiating the ADM, say in half? Or just assume they wouldn't move off of 15k?

Well yea. I didn't mean to apply that these government checks return ALL your tax payments, or that everyone who gets the checks pays taxes. That's why I added the initial condition to my statement.

787Jet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
F No! Invest it in your retirement plan! That’s at 10% not hard to do…

Attachments

• 5FE07A45-70C0-4CBD-8215-5CF3656AE096.png
    5FE07A45-70C0-4CBD-8215-5CF3656AE096.png
    220.6 KB · Views: 16

787Jet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People buy trucks then dump 15 grand into haphazardly engineered after market parts, stereo equipment, tires, wheels, lights, exhausts, you name it. It sounds like you are just struggling with the principal of paying over sticker. Again. If it’s worth it to you, go for it.

I know someone that bought a 50K truck, dropped 15 grand into mods only to sell it for 35K a couple years later.
I knew this guy…

WKUSMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you guys think that a 37 raptor MSRP 83k plus 15k ADM would be hard to resell in the future? Would I lose a lot of money?

I have never paid for a mark up hefore but this is a fully loaded 22 with 37’s on it. So I am highly considering it.

I’d love to hear your thoughts!
5000 is fair if you get the exact model you want with options. I stated before it can be done.

raptor556

Reaction score
no you should not pay over msrp.

And for anyone who does. You are the problem. Not the dealerships. Of course they will ask for more
if people are willing to pay it.

I laughed at a salesman that wanted 20k over for a bronco just last week.

Though I do think it will be VERY funny to see how much people lose here in a few years (or less) when the market returns to normal.

Not paying a dealership a markup is not a dream or unrealistic. I just oversaw my mom buying a ford for 1,600 less than msrp a few weeks ago. The car was not ordered. it was dealer stock ordered by them 100% new.

Don't fall for the hype out there gents.

oh and as a side note ford is smoking crack with the price of the new raptor. In 2020 you could get in one for 48k. Now it's 68.7k.

nah I'll pass all day.

Last edited: