Should I have any reservations buying a Canadian Gen 3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am looking at a 2021 37PP / Recaro Gen 3 that is an import from Canada. It’s a 1 owner vehicle and has only 3800 miles on it with a build date of 2/2022. I have been discussing it with them and i am close to a good deal on it but I wanted in inquire more knowledgeable minds about Canadian Fords. From what i have learned ford will cover the warranty in USA so that’s great, but are there any negatives to buying this? Does fordpass and the data work in USA? Anything that comes or doesn’t come with a canadian ford?

Attachments

• IMG_0076.jpeg
    IMG_0076.jpeg
    198.2 KB · Views: 15

Fireman Dave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased a used 2018 King Ranch in 2019 that was a Canadian truck from a Minnesota dealer that purchased it at auction. Despite several dealers efforts I could never get the Sirius and Navigation to work when I got it home to Indiana. Hopefully that has all been worked out by now but in my case it didn't and I sold it within 3 months.

OP
OP
Raptorbert

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased a used 2018 King Ranch in 2019 that was a Canadian truck from a Minnesota dealer that purchased it at auction. Despite several dealers efforts I could never get the Sirius and Navigation to work when I got it home to Indiana. Hopefully that has all been worked out by now but in my case it didn't and I sold it within 3 months.
Oh damn, I’ll have to definitely inquire about that. Thanks!

Frogger22

“Not all who wander are lost” Tolkien
Reaction score
There are deals all over the states so I wouldn’t bother with the BS of it personally and would just wait to find one in CONUS

BabaMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im from Canada and 90% of Raptors end up in USA after people trade them in.
Now a days theres no difference everything is digital and works as normal.
But if you have option to buy another one at similar price range why bother with canadian.

OP
OP
Raptorbert

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im from Canada and 90% of Raptors end up in USA after people trade them in.
Now a days theres no difference everything is digital and works as normal.
But if you have option to buy another one at similar price range why bother with canadian.
This one is already in Wisconsin and I have a pretty good trade offer. I’d prefer a usa one just for simplicity but I’m getting a bit more trade in vs other dealers. Im assuming the better trade in means they have more room to play with on a Canadian import.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was in DE in my gen 2 a few weeks ago and zero issues with Sirius, nav and FordPass.

Only thing I can think of is the analog speedo of it has one. Outer ring will be in kms. Just don’t do 70kph on the interstates :chewie: